Chapter 48

"The Backstory"

THAT NIGHT.

Lisa didn't sleep at the villa. After giving instructions to Jane, she left to the old mansion to meet her grandfather.

They sat in the study of the old Master.

When the video of Irene came out, the old master had called Lisa and Lisa didn't hide anything from the old master.

Lisa had explained everything on the phone to him and the old master had asked her to visit the family mansion.

Now, the old master knew who Irene's grandmother was. All these years, he had never bothered to find out about Irene's background because he didn't care about such things, but now that things had turned out this way, the old master thought it was time to let the cat out of the bag.

The old master brought out a box from his safe and opened it. He removed a photo from it and showed it to Lisa saying "This is an old picture. This picture was taken 50 years ago, before your parents even met and got married."

Lisa looked at the picture that was of four people. It was the old master, Lisa's grandma who had passed away, Irene's grandma and a very old man.

"50 years ago, I was a servant under this man, Jonathan Brian Corry. He was Mandy Bae's adoptive father. He was a philosopher and a wine specialist. His knowledge was so vast and wide that many people sort him out for help. If he praised a particular wine, then that brand was sure to sell out a lot.

Back then, because of financial problems, I had to drop out of school and that was when he found me. He took me in and that's when I met Mandy Brian Corry who now goes by the name Mandy Bae. She was so young, beautiful and innocent back then.

Master Jonathan taught me how to recognise good wine, he made me a tester of wine and brought me with him everywhere he went. He also sent me back to school to learn. Mandy thought the old master would always be around hence didn't want to learn.

One day, I went with master Jonathan and I met your grandmother. She was out with her father as a wine tester. We fell in love with each other and decided to get married. Master Jonathan was happy and gave me a wine bar as a wedding gift.

Mandy found out about it and got angry. I had no idea that she had feelings for me at that time. She became increasingly unbearable. She treated your grandmother badly and each time, told us that everything we had was hers because her father gave us everything we had.

One day, master Jonathan decided to get me and your grandmother a house far from his place and told us to start our lives afresh with the knowledge we acquired from wine testing.

Soon after we left, master Jonathan fell ill and eventually passed away.

The house was taken by the bank because of some research loan that master Jonathan took without our knowledge. I believe he thought he would be able to repay the loan early and retrieved the collateral on the house and wine workshop but unfortunately, he couldn't before he died. Your grandmother and I helped with the funeral and settlement of some of the debts.

After sometime, Mandy came to us demanding that we hand over the wine shop that master Jonathan gave to us and I refused. We then move to D-City and set up a proper wine shop which we built to what you have as Manoban Group.

Mandy thinks that everything I have should be for her, that's why she never stopped trying to harm me. I didn't even know that she will do that to her own granddaughter. No matter what, she had gone far. Old master said and looked at Lisa.

"Grandpa, please, hand over Leo to me. I have evidence that he is in touch with Irene's grandmother and I know he is the one who sent that video to the old lady. Please, hand him over to me!" Lisa pleaded with the old master.

"Lisa, no matter, she is your cousin. Leave him for now. I will personally hand him over to you when he reaches his limit. I promise you. For now, you have my permission to do whatever you want to Mandy Bae. I have shown her a lot of mercy enough."

"Yes, grandpa. Thank you."

"How is the kid doing? Is she receiving treatment well?" Lisa looked at him surprised and asked.

"Grandpa, you knew about her condition?"

"I have lived long enough to know what's going on. As long as she isn't dangerous, I have nothing against her. Make sure you keep her away from trouble."

"I will. Don't worry. I have to go back, Jane is watching over Irene. She might wake up anytime soon."

"Hurry back, and be safe."

MANOBAN HOTEL: PRESIDENTIAL SUIT.

Jieun hurriedly packed her clothes into her luggage bag. She went into the closet and brought out her jewelleries and other important stuff.

Her phone buzzed in the bedroom and she rushed out to pick it and saw Jane sitting down holding the phone.

Jieun stepped back and said "You...you what are you doing here? Get out before I call security!"

Jane cocked her eyes and said. "Oh, security? I dealt with them already before coming here."

Jane threw the phone up and caught it again as she sat on the bed.

"What?." Jieun composed herself.

"You see; I am someone who hates distraction when I'm busy. Your bodyguards, tsk, tsk. They are really weak. It didn't even take me a minute to finish them."

Jieun bulged her eyes and looked at the door. Indeed, Jane had brought the unconscious bodies of the four bodyguards inside in order to not raise suspicion.

Jieun pointed at them stuttering "You...who are you?"

"Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. That is who I am and you are so screwed tonight."

Jane stood up and Jieun tried to run to the door. Jane stretched her leg and Jieun tripped on it and fell.

Jane bent down towards her saying "Let's not waste each other's time, okay? I believe you were running away?"

Jieun tried to get up and Jane put her leg on Jieun's stomach pressing her back on the floor and stared at her coldly saying "I wouldn't do that if I were you. You see, I am someone you shouldn't anger. Because I am a psychopath."

Jieun glared at Jane saying "Leo Manoban will be here soon. He is going to kill you if you don't let me go."

"Oh, really? I am so scared that I might wet my pants right now. How dare you threaten me with that coward? Leo Manoban is coming?"

"Alright, in that case, I will kill you first and finish him off when he comes."

"I will put you two into the same hole and bury you together. Won't that be so nice? I am excited just thinking about it already. Is been a while since my heart felt such excitement you see?"