Chapter 73

"Fever"

Time seemed to have stopped for Jennie the moment Lisa touched her face. Her whole body stiffened and she blushed even more making her red turner redder.

Lisa who was unaware of her effect on the girl became worried thinking Jennie was running a fever again. Lisa sighed.

Lisa bit her lips worriedly and picked the towel again about to wipe her face and Jennie spoke "Please don't, I'm fine"".

Lisa looked at her worriedly saying "Why is your face so red when your fever is down?"

"Can you move away from me? You're too close for comfort". Jennie said.

Lisa noticed she was sitting on the bed closer to Jennie and stood up. She put the towel down and turned back to her "How are you feeling? You had a fever last night"

"I'm fine. I thought you went on a business trip. Why are you here? Where is big sister?" Jennie asked as she looked towards the door. Lisa's mood turned gloomy at once and she felt unhappy.

"She will be here soon. Don't worry, I know you don't want to see me, so I will leave once she is here. You won't have to see me and be uncomfortable".

Jennie looked at her. Lisa seemed to have misunderstood her just now. Did lisa think she hates her because of what she said the last time? Jennie sighed and looked away without saying anything. Let Lisa think whatever she wanted. Lisa is the one who keeps putting those words in her mouth anyway.

As she thought angrily, Jennie felt a strange pain in her heart. It was the same pain she felt the last time Lisa was with her. The pain only came whenever Lisa was around. Jennie closed her eyes and touched her chest as the pain was still evident as she frowned.

Lisa poured the water in the bowl away and dried the towel. She turned and saw the frown on Jennie's face and spoke "Jennie, what's wrong? Are you alright?"

The moment Lisa touched her, the pain became unbearable as Jennie screamed and pushed Lisa away "Stay away from me. Why? Why? Why do I feel a lot of pain in my heart whenever you are near me?"

"What?" Lisa looked at her shocked and surprised.

"I feel so much pain in my heart anytime you are near me. Tell me, who are you really?"
Tears trimmed down Jennie's face as she spoke "I feel weird and confused anytime I think about you. Why don't I remember anything about you if we were close as everyone said? What happened to me? Why is my life in danger?"

Last night, I felt that something was wrong with me. Tell me, did someone try to kill me last night? Is that why you came back? Who is it that wants me dead? I thought it was a dream but the more I think about it, the more it felt real to me. Last night, someone came into this room right?". Jennie sat on the bed as she spoke.