Chapter: 129

At Mimi's words, both Lisa and Old Master Manoban grew alarmed and were about to storm out of the room when they heard Jennie's voice.

"Looks like you are now showing your true colours, Miss Garcia? From the beginning, this is the first time I am seeing the real you. I thought you were going to always pretend to be a kind innocent and weak girl, but I was wrong. That's a relief".

"Don't be so smug? My father was caught because he is simply too stupid but not me. I have a lot of incriminating evidence against you, Jennie Kim and I won't hesitate to use them if you don't agree to my terms".

"Go ahead. I really want to see just how smart you think you are. I won't see you out." Jennie said. Mimi looked around before going out.

Lisa and Old Master Manoban rushed out.

"What did she say?" Lisa asked.

"You were right, there is more to it than meets the eye with her. She is definitely hiding something behind that innocent facade." Jennie said and removed the pen-like recorder from the table.

"Here, I recorded everything. But, I don't understand. Why do you suspect her to be the real brain behind the case of the five girls? When I mentioned it to her, she looked surprised and frightened"

"Five years ago, when you were still in coma, there was news about five girls in Country F who died because of drug overdose" Lisa said as they sat down.

The case of the five girls was about a drug overdose at a club in the F Country. It was like an aphrodisiac which was used to enhance sexual drive in both men and women.

The misuse of the drug led to the death of the five girls and the club was closed down four years ago. All investigations led to a dead end as the police found nothing on it. The case was later closed due to lack of sufficient evidence."

"If what you are saying is true, then Mimi Garcia is no ordinary woman. She might even belong to the underworld. But, why is she targeting me? What exactly does she want?" Jennie asked a little confused.

"The ways of this world aren't that easy, child. Somethings can't be explained without evidence". Old Master Manoban said.

Lisa's phone buzzed and she removed it and looked at the caller ID before answering "Hello, Bambam, what is it?"

Her assistant said something over the phone and she turned and looked at Jennie. "I will be right there"

"Is there something wrong?" Jennie asked.

"No, I have to do something at the company. I will be back soon" Lisa said and picked her car keys and left the villa.

Mimi Garcia was about to drive out of the neighbourhood when she saw Lisa leaving the villa. She shrugged before removing a burner phone from her car side space.

She dialed an unknown number and spoke "Get ready for plan B. I will personally go and silence the old man in the jail. Get someone to get rid of everything in the lab with the exception of the experiments underway.

I will get the clinical rat for the final testing very soon. Get ready to leave D-City as soon as possible. Anyone who was present in the beginning of the experiments needs to be taken care of. Remember, no mistakes this time like the last time". Mimi hung up and threw the phone away at the backseat.