Chapter 77

"Don't stress yourself too much. I believe your memories will come back soon and you will remember who Lisa is and what she means to you." Irene patted Jennie on her shoulder as she spoke.

"Big sis, do you think Lisa is doing well, wherever she is?" Jennie asked.

"You really seem to be worried about her?" Irene said and looked at her curiously.

"Well, Lisa seemed like a good person so I hope that she is doing well wherever she is now. And I also hope that it is not because of me that she had gone somewhere far. I have the feeling that she left because of what I said to her. I guess I am just feeling guilty that's all." Jennie said as she dug into the noodles.

"Really? But, apart from been worried. Don't you feel anything else?" Irene asked.

Jennie took a sip of water and looked at Irene suspiciously asking "big sis, why are you asking me all these questions? I hope you don't expect me to say things like I suddenly fell in love with Lisa and only realised it after she left, right? Come on, which era are we in? People don't fall in love like that?

But, I will be honest with you. When Lisa is around, I feel weird around here, my heart but since she left, I feel some emptiness. Maybe subconsciously I missed her? I don't know. All this talk about feelings feels new and strange to me. Let's not talk about that again or I might fall sick again."

The phone beeped signifying the other party had ended the call. Irene looked at the phone. She really hoped that what Lisa heard was enough to make her come back home. Irene knew Lisa wasn't doing well and she was just hiding behind her work to deal with the situation and she hoped Lisa would take time and rested before she really broke down.

MACAU ALMONDIAN HOTEL : ROYAL SUIT

Lisa put the phone on the table and stood up. She looked at the pile of paper work laying around the room and went into the bathroom feeling exhausted.

Lisa turned on the shower and allowed the water to wash down her as she stood on the shower tub. She finished bathing and walked out almost tumbling over a table due to fatigue.

Lisa picked her phone and made a call "Get me a flight to D-City for next tomorrow morning and let Seulgi pick me up."

Lisa disconnected the call and sat on the bed. She coughed and picked a pack of cold medicine on the table and opened it. She removed a pill and chewed it and drank some water before laying on the bed. Her body seemed to be heating up.

Lisa touched her forehead and felt her fever increasing. She looked malnourished and emaciated. For the past two weeks that she had gone to Macau, she hadn't eaten any proper food. She had locked herself in the hotel room and worked herself to this state.

Her body was weak and her temperature was very high. The call just now somehow made her feel better though she knew not to have any expectation or hope whatsoever for anything because to Jennie she was now a complete stranger. Someone Jennie couldn't recognised and therefore didn't need around her. Lisa's heart grew cold the more she thought about Jennie not recognising or remembering anything about her.