Chapter 104

"Didn't you say you were going to send a picture to Lisa before you eat?" Irene asked remind Jennie. She had said she would send a picture of the delicacy to Lisa before they eat.

"Oops, I almost forgot". Jennie removed her phone and took pictures of their food and sent it to Lisa adding a teasing text to it. "Done, let's eat". Irene smiled and started eating.

CONFERENCE ROOM:

Lisa was listening to one of the managers giving a report when her phone buzzed. Shs picked it from the table and slide it open revealing a wallpaper of Jennie smiling. It was a picture she took when they went to the yacht the other time. Jennie looked so pretty in the purple dress Irene made for her.

Lisa looked at the picture of different dishes Jennie sent and smiled. She scrolled and looked at all the dishes before sending a message to her.

****
Jennie ate as she chatted with Lisa on the phone. Irene snatched the phone away saying "Will you concentrate on the food first?"

"I will. I'm just giving my address to Lisa. She wants to know where we are". Jennie said and took the phone from Irene and quickly sent a text to Lisa before putting the phone away.

Jennie burped after finishing the food on the table and laughed. "Whoa, I am so satisfied. Big sis, can I have some of your chicken?" She asked.

"Didn't you just say you were satisfied?" Irene asked looking at Jennie.

"I did, but, your chicken looks so good I want to taste it, please, pretty please." Jennie begged. Irene picked a chicken thigh and placed it on Jennie's empty plate and she grinned happily.

They both soon finished their meals and the waiter walked to them with their dessert and placed it on the table. He looked nervous as he placed the plates down just that neither Irene nor Jennie noticed. Earlier in the kitchen, before sending the food he had added the powder Lorca gave to him into the desserts.

Lorca had called him early offering him a huge sum of money and asking him to put the powder into their food and he agreed. He felt bad for the ladies but his greed didn't allow his guilt to play him for long. He was a known gambler who was in debt so the money offered by Lorca was like a saving grace.

When he placed the plates down his hands were still shaking and Jennie noticed it and asked worriedly "Are you alright? Your hands are shaking?"

"I'm fine, just a little tired" the waiter said.

"Why don't you take a break? You need to rest if you are tired or else you will just be a nuisance to the customers. Do you want me to talk to your manager for you?" Irene asked.

"No, you are my last guests so I can take a rest after I finish with you" The waiter said with a smile.

"Alright, then you may go. We will be done quickly so that you can rest". Irene said and picked her fork to eat the dessert. The waiter smiled and watched them before turning away to go.

Jennie looked at the dessert and started eating.

After taking a bit Jennie felt that it tasted weird and said to Irene "Don't you find it a little weird? The dessert tastes weird".

"You're right. I don't think I can finish it. let's leave it and go. The waiter is probably waiting for us to leave so that he can clear the table". Irene and Jennie took two bits before pushing the plates away. The waiter who was standing at a distance noticed this and frowned.