Chapter 117

"You may now kiss the bride." The officiating minister declared and Seulgi cupped Irene's face closer and kissed her as the soldiers screamed fumingly at the background. They shouted all sorts of military jargons making the place lively.

The wedding took place at Manoban Hotel's VIP hall and the number of invites were limited. Included just a few people, the soldiers, and a few others. Old Master Manoban represented Irene as a step in to lead her to the altar. The officiating minister was the father of Bambam, Lisa's secretary.

It was now time for the bride and the groom to greet and toast with everyone so Seulgi picked a glass of white wine and gave it to Irene as he whispered to her "Don't drink too much, wifey". Irene smiled and nodded her head as they walked towards Old Master Manoban and Old Master Kang.

"Irene, my child come and give grandpa a hug". Old Master Kang said and Irene leaned towards him and gave him a hug. "I'm so happy that you are now a part of the family". Irene smiled.

"Irene, make sure you be happy always. You deserve it" Old Master Manoban added.

"Thank you, grandpa" Irene was all smiles. She felt that today was probably the happiest day in her life. She was finally married to the person she loved and adorned and couldn't wait to start the next chapter of her life with her. They were going to begin a journey of a lifetime together and she was going to make sure it was the best kind of life for her. She was confident in trusting her future to Seulgi.

Irene's thoughts were disrupted when a suddenly spoke behind her draining her face of all colour.

"Look at you calling an outsider your grandpa when your real grandma is standing before you? Irene, your parents must be turning in their graves right about now". A voice rang from a distance.

Everyone turned and saw Mandy Bae standing with the governor and his daughter. Seulgi held Irene's hand and stepped in front putting her behind her as she spoke.

"What are you doing here? I can't remember inviting you to our wedding?" Seulgi's voice didn't hide her contempt.

"You didn't but still, it doesn't change the fact that I am now your grandma in law because I am the legal guardian and only family of Irene who happens to be your wife now". Mandy said walking closer to them. Old Master Manoban and Old Master Kang both stood up from their seats.

"Hello, Mr. Manoban and Mr. Kang. How long has it been since we last saw each other?" Mandy asked and smiled as her eyes roamed the hall.

The whole place had become quiet due to the sudden interruption and appearance of the unwanted guest.

"What does she want here?" Jane asked Lisa who was standing by her side.

Their intertwined hands caught Mimi Garcia's eyes and she sneered in her heart. Very soon she was going to get married into the Manoban family or so she thought.

Leo had promised her that they will get married soon before Lisa does and that the inheritance went to the one who married first. She wasn't really interested in the inheritance. She just needed the backing of the powerful family to accomplished her plan that was already set in motion.

As she thought about this, she couldn't help sizing Jennie Kim up. Her eyes seemed to have found something rather interesting and it looked like she knew something that no one else did. Her lips curved into a smile while she stood next to her family, watching the drama unfold.