Chapter 24

"Made my own key"

"Because, they are not with me" Dr

"Because, they are not with me" Dr. Park said bitterly.

"Are they out of the City?"

"No, they are dead. They died in an accident seven years ago".

"I'm sorry, I'm not usually nosy".

"Is okay. I'm totally over them, I just missed them since today is their dead anniversary".

"Today? Then, why are you at work and not at home. Times like this, you shouldn't be working".

"I know, but, my curiosity got the best of me. I decided to come because of you".

"Do you know me?"

"This is our first meeting".

"I know, but, you spoke as if we've seen each other before"

"Dr. Kim sent me your file and I studied it before".

"Oh, I see. Alright, I'm sorry for taking your time when you should be mourning".

"Don't be sorry, my daughter had panic disorder before she died. When I heard about you, it reminded me of her, I had to meet you and I'm also curious about you".

"You're curious about me or my condition?"

"Both"

"Why? Why are you curious about me?"

Dr. Park looked at Nini and thought to him "because I saw you in a picture with my daughter".

He smiled and picked a chocolate bar from his fridge and gave to Nini saying. "Eat this, I'm sure you must be nervous since this is our first meeting?"

"You see right through me, thank you". Nini unwrapped the chocolate bar and started mooching on it.

"So, Nini, can you tell me about yourself?"

"I don't have anything to say. If doctor has something you want to talk about just speak. You must have a lot to say since today is a memorable day for you?"

"You also seem interested in me?"

"Is that how it seems? Maybe it could be the picture of your daughter. She...gets to me in a way. Funny, right?"

"Could you have known her somehow?"

"What? No way. There is no way I would have known her. Seven years ago, I was probably not even in this City. What is her name?"

"Next time you visit, I will tell you her name and answer any question you have about her".

"Are you throwing a bait at me?"

"Is it working?"

"No, don't. The next time we meet? It might not be me. Doctor, you know, right? I have DID. Next time, it could be any of my sisters and I doubt they would want to meet you. Honestly, I didn't know we were coming here? Let's say, I got fooled?"

"Really?"

"Yes. My sisters hate doctors. I don't like them either, but, I like science that's why I'm even having this conversation with you"

"I see. So Nini, before you go, can you answer one question for me?"

"Sure, since is just one question, but, it can't be two or three because I will get angry"

"Sure. I want to know. Do you and your sisters share the same memory?"

"No". Nini answered as a matter of fact and got up with her bag adding "that's it for today, right?"

"Yes, since you don't want me to ask more than one question"

"Good. Thanks for the chocolate, see you next time".

"Take care Nini". Dr. Park took out a picture of two girls in a senior high school uniforms as soon as Nini went out.

Dr. Sam looked at the picture. It was a picture of Jennie Kim and Chaeyoung holding flowers with smiles. Dr. Sam murmured as he looked at the picture "what connection do you have with my daughter, Jennie Kim. Why didn't she ever mention of you?"