Chapter 101

That night after Jennie slept and woke up, Lisa wasn't still back so she decided to use that time to search for clues about her past. She started with her library.

Jennie pulled down all the books from the shelves and look through all of them. She scattered the books about sitting on the floor flipping through each book with seriousness.

After spending an hour in the library, Jennie couldn't find a single clue to what she really wanted hence she went into the laboratory. She looked at all the specimens and mixtures in the bottles, read all the books and notes on the shelf.

"What exactly am I missing? I have the feeling I'm missing an important part of my life, though" Jennie kept questioning herself. She put the notes away and got down from the chair and her hand mistakenly hit one of the glass bottles and it fell and broke to pieces.

Jennie bent down and tried to pick the broken pieces and it cut through her hand and she hissed.

"What are you doing there?" Jennie looked up and heard Lisa's voice. She was standing outside looking at her. She didn't know when Lisa had arrived.

Lisa saw the blood and quickly went to her side. She lifted her hand saying "Are you stupid? How can you pick broken pieces of glass with your hand? Come here". Lisa pulled her to the sink and opened the tap helping her to wash her hand. When she finished she lifted Jennie in a bridal style and walked out to the hall.

Jennie watched as Lisa disinfected her cut and applied ointment on her all the while scolding her. "What were you doing there all by yourself? What if the cut was deeper? Don't you know is dangerous to be in the laboratory without protection?"

"I wanted to find clues about my missing memory". Jennie said. Lisa put a band-aid on her finger and pulled Jennie closer to her side.

"If you have any question, you can ask me? I know you are worried about the things you can't remember but I want you to know something. The things you couldn't remember? They are not so bad.

The library, the laboratory and the gym are all yours. You asked for them and they're filled with the things you like the most. Later on, when your memories begin to come you will be able to appreciate them.

For now, I don't want to see you stressing yourself over the past. Whatever happens, I will be with you all the way. We are in this together, Jennie". Jennie looked at Lisa and smiled.

"Then, can I ask you something? Promise me you will tell me the truth". Jennie said looking at her.

"Yes, ask. I will tell you all you need to know". Lisa tussled her hair.

"Was it really an accident that led me to be in coma for a year or was it something else? Today, we met your cousin. He told me that you and everyone else was lying to me about my accident. Lisa, did I by chance tried to kill myself?" Jennie asked unsettling.

This question has been weighing her down for the past months and she didn't know what or how to feel about the answer. She was somewhat worried about it.

Lisa watched Jennie silently.

Her expressions didn't go unnoticed by Lisa. Her hands were clasped together yet she was shaking. Her body seemed tensed up and the look in Jennie's eyes told her that she was hoping it wasn't suicide but an accident.