Chapter 54

"Housewarming Party (2)"

Irene smiled and thought in her mind that Nini trying hard to make her feel good was cute but, she had lost her essence of living

To be honest nothing excited her anymore and she didn't also have the will to do anything too. She just wished everything that happened and every feeling she had was a dream so that she could wake up from it.

Nini studied Irene hard and couldn't stand the fact that she was still gloomy, so she decided to be more proactive even though that wasn't her field. She is a naturally conservative person but watching Irene really made her want to comfort her and help her in any way she could.

Nini pulled out a chair from the dining table and gestured to Irene saying "Sit down".

Irene sat down and looked at her and Nini continued "Don't look at me like that. I don't usually show this side of me to people. Even Lili doesn't know this side of me, but, I am only showing you this one time because I think it will help you.

Now, listen to me, Miss. You are a natural when you act all knowing and arrogant. That is your charm. You are beautiful and well... you just lack a little in the kindness department but so what? It can't be help, right?"

Irene looked at Nini not knowing whether to cry or to laugh. She really had no idea whether Nini was praising her or insulting her. Nini's words made Irene confused but she didn't stop Nini.

"Hmm" Nini sighed "People who are beautiful lack something in their lives. We can't help it, right? We are blessed with beauty; must we be responsible for people who have bad intentions towards us? No. that will be tiring. what I mean to say is this, big sis, you are beautiful and you don't need anyone's permission to feel good about yourself. The way you think is different from everyone and you deserve to be happy".

Nini stopped talking suddenly feeling awkward about herself and added "Wait, I am not usually this talkative. What is wrong with me? Why did I sound just like Jennie right now? Did I just give you moral advice? Wow, this is bad. I can't believe I just said what Jennie would say in this situation".

"Nini, thank you" Irene suddenly said.

"Huh?" Nini looked at her.

"Thank you, but we should start preparing if not we won't be done by the time everyone arrives".

"You're right. I can't believe I was being sentimental just now". Irene shook her head and pulled Nini up and they went to the kitchen sink to start with their preparation.

"What are we making first?" Nini asked as she removed the pork and steak from their packs.

"Put the meat back, let's work on the fruits first" Irene answered.