Chapter 70

"Work till you Breakdown(1)"

Lisa played with her fountain pen and saw Bambam entering the office

Lisa played with her fountain pen and saw Bambam entering the office. "Is the schedule ready?"

"Yes, boss. As you requested, your time is packed even on weekends. But, boss, are you not going to visit the hospital again? Dr. Jisoo told me that Jennie will be discharged next tomorrow which is a weekend and you are travelling on that same day. Don't you need to pick her up?" Bambam asked worriedly.

''I don't need to go. She doesn't need me. Irene will take care of her" Lisa said as she took the schedule clapperboard to check.

"Dr. Jisoo told me about her condition. But, still boss. What if she is waiting for you?" Bambam asked again.

"I will see her at home when I return from the trip." Lisa handed the clapperboard to Bambam.

"But, boss, that will be in two weeks' time. Isn't that such a long time? I'm saying this because I'm seriously worried about you, boss. This past year, you've suffered from insomnia and could only sleep when you're around her. Your mood will only worsen if you don't get some sleep. Like today for instance, all the workers refused to come to the top floor because they are afraid they will anger you. I know this is none of my business..."

"Then don't talk about it". Lisa cut him short and pointed at the door. Bambam nodded and went out. Lisa bit her lip frustrated and murmured "She is the one who doesn't want to see me. What do you want me to do about that?"

Her phone buzzed with an incoming call and she looked at it without answering. After a second thought, she got up and picked her phone and car keys and went out.

KIM'S FAMILY HOSPITAL: PRIVATE WARD

Irene looked at Jennie and smiled saying "Lisa must be busy. She is not picking my calls". Then she sat back on the chair and started typing on her phone "I will send Lisa a message".

"Don't bother. She seemed really angry this morning. You already call her 5 times. It isn't that she is busy, she simply doesn't want to pick up that's all. I don't also need her here with me. She is just a stranger to me. I don't feel comfortable around her." Jennie said and shrugged her shoulders.

"Hey, how can you say that? Do you know what Lisa has gone through because of you? I told you right? That Lisa is the one person who would do anything to make sure you are safe?" Irene told her.

"That is what you told me, but I don't feel that way. I don't need her help. I won't accept help from someone I do not know. She gives me a strange vibe. Big sis, how did I meet her? No matter how hard I think, nothing about her comes to mind. Are you sure we were really closed?'" Jennie asked as she forked an apple into her mouth.