Chapter 69

"Who are you?"

NEXT DAY

Jennie opened her eyes and saw a woman sitting on a chair by her side. The woman looked beautiful and had refined features. Jennie watched the movement of the womans hands. It seemed like she was reading something in a paper. Her hands were neat and slender. The shades she wore and her blueblack lady suit was especially captivating.

Jennie studied the woman as she laid on the bed. Her eyes scanned the woman's appearance. She was clearly a stranger, but why was her heart aching, the more she looked at woman? Jennie felt an unusual and indescribable pain in her heart as she watched. It was strange, this feeling was strange to her.

There are some people that when you meet them for the first time, they seem to burrow into your heart. This was clearly the first time Jennie was seeing her, but somehow Lisa seemed to burrow into her heart.

Jennie could feel her heart beating fast the more she looked at Lisa. Tears trimmed down her cheeks as she continued to stare at the woman.

"What a strange womam. Was she crying? Or was that sweat?" The saltiness from her tears entered her mouth and she tasted it. Surely, it was her tears.

"Who...are...you?" Lisa opened the paper in the file in her hands and froze as she heard the question. "Who are you?" Jennie was awake and she was asking Lisa who she was.

Lisa looked up and stared at her with a complicated and yet warmed gaze. She had braced herself for this moment since yesterday. She had anticipated this question and mentally prepared herself, but yet, now that she was faced with the question, she was speechless. She didn't know what to say to Jennie.

In the solitude room, in the solitary of their minds, the two people stared at each other for a long time without saying anything.

"I asked who are you?" Jennie asked again while looking at the woman who never took her eyes off her. "If you don't tell me who you're, I am going to press the emergency button, ma'am".

Lisa spoke as she touched the emergency power button. Jennie's voice was cold and distant without warmth.

Lisa stood up and closed the file. She walked closer to Jennie, putting her hand on the hand touching the emergency button, Lisa pushed it down pressing it. Making the button to ring. Jennie looked at her confused.