Mikey // Second Option [ 1 ]

"See you tomorrow!" I said as I wave goodbye to my co-worker. My shift is done from a part-time job. I open the door and saw there is heavy rain. Good thing I brought my umbrella.

While walking I decided to go to a bakery near my house to buy some pan for my dinner. My eyes caught a guy sitting on a bench in the park. He's looking down without an umbrella.

"Is he insane? He might get sick! It's cold." I stop for a moment to argue with myself.

Leave him be. it's not your problem.

Are you sure you can sleep at night knowing you left a poor guy drench in rain?

But you only have one umbrella! What are going to do? Self first before others!

What if he dies? Can your conscience bear that knowing you can do something?

I stomp my feet because I know which self won.

"ARGH!" I said and starts walking towards him.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I asked him but he's not responding. "Hey." I poke him and he's cold. "Oh my god are you dead?" I said and still, no response.

"I got to call the police!" I was about to find help when the guy holds my wrist.

"I'm not dead. You're noisy!" He looks at me. His eyes are filled with sadness.

I immediately put the umbrella above him. "If you're not dead then you'll about to die soon! It's cold!"

"I don't care." He said.

"Well, I do! If you die my conscience will not let me sleep! so here." I take his hand and give him my umbrella. "live your life okay? Okay! Bye! I got to go."

"Wait! You'll get wet!"

"It's fine! My house is in the next block. Use that and don't die!" I shouted back before sprinting my way to my house.

********

Two weeks have passed. I'm still wondering about the guy I saw at the park. Is he okay? I hope he's fine now and not dead.

"Y/N!" Annika, my classmate called me. I look back and she runs towards me. She clung her arms around my arm.

"Hey!" I greeted her.

"Did you know? We have a new classmate!" She looks excited.

"Isn't it the mid of the school year? It's a hassle to transfer this time of the school year."

"I know right? But rumors say he's hot!"

I just sigh. "You and your boy fantasies," I said as I shake my head.

"At least I'm not a workaholic. Soon you'll be an old lady regretting why you didn't date in high school."

"Tch! Stop teasing me or I will not give you the free cake at my work."

"Hey! That's unfair I'm just kidding!" She said laughing.

The bell rings and we all go to our classroom and as Annika just said there is indeed a new student. Our homeroom teacher introduced him to us.

"Good morning class! This is the new transferee please be nice to him." She faces the new student "Please introduce yourself"

"Manjiro Sano but you can call me Mikey." He said.

"Is that all Mr. Sano?" Our teacher asked.

"Yes." He said.

"Okay. Please take your seat. There's a vacant desk beside Ms. L/N."