Izana // Blue Sky

Where am I? Izana asked himself as he walked into a white hallway. He's looking left and right, confused as to where he is.

"Everything is white."

As he tries to recall everything, he sees his sister standing not far from him. Suddenly, what happened flashed in his mind, making him shiver in fear.

"I—Kakucho was about to... so I...." He said in a panic, looking at his hands as they began to quiver upon remembering what happened to Emma. "Then Emma... it's my fault that Emma..."

He looked up when he felt that his sister is walking away. "Emma?" He called but she ignored him. "Emma..." He called once again and walked a little bit faster. "Wait,"

"I'm sorry, Emma. I failed you... I am sorry." Izana mumbles as he continues to follow his sister but he's not moving from his place. "Huh?" He looks around as he keeps walking but he won't move. He feels like everything is in slow motion and his feet are not touching the ground. Every step feels like stepping on a jelly.

"Haaaa—" Izana gasped loudly. Opening his eyes, the first thing he felt was a sting in his chest. "Ouch." He wanted to stand up but his body wouldn't listen to him. Confused, he looked around and saw different machines attached to him. He tried to lift his hand and saw IV.

"Izana!" Kakucho let go of the fruits that he was holding and ran towards the nurse's station. They all went inside his room together with his doctor to check on him.

"You're lucky, Mr. Kurokawa. You've been shot three times and your heart almost failed. luckily, we got a heart available that was compatible, so we proceeded to the heart transplant  before your damaged heart completely shut down. Your half-brother signed the waiver."

"half-brother?"

"Yeah, He said that he's your only family. Manjiro Sano."

"Ah..." Izana looked down and went silent.

"Well then, all you need to do is rest Mr. Kurokawa It's hard to adjust to a new heart. You'll be staying here for two weeks to monitor you." The doctor patted Izana's shoulders and stepped outside followed by the nurse.

"Izana, I'm glad—"

"Why, Kakucho?"

"Huh?"

"Why did you save me? I don't deserve this heart. There's someone out there who's a lot more deserving than me, so why?"

"Why not, Izana? Everyone has a second chance."

Izana scoffed. "After all, I've done. do you still think I deserves a second chance?"

"Izana—"

"Leave."

"What?"

"Leave me and don't you ever visit me again."

Kakucho was about to burst, clutching his fist but he stopped himself and took a deep breath. "Fine, I'll leave this room but I will not leave you behind." He turned around and stepped out of his room.

"That's rude." A girl said, peeking from the door. Izana quickly snapped his head towards your direction.

"And who are you?"

"A random sick girl." You replied and stepped inside. "I saw you in this room and I'm intrigued, so I kinda visited you a couple of times. You've been unconscious for three days after your surgery." You paused for a while, fidgeting your fingers like a high school girl, talking to her crush. "And you're cute. I'm glad you woke up!"

"Who told you that you could step inside this room? Did you go here without permission?"

"What a prickly dude you are, eh? I went at night. You looked lonely alone, so I came here to sit by your side. your friend is visiting you every day. He looks like he treasures you dearly."