Haruchiyo // Happy Crush

You lean your back against the wall while tapping your phone. You're waiting for Senju because the two of you planned to study together.

"You're here again?" A voice said and walked past you. He went straight to the door and opened them with his keys.

"Hi to you too, Haru-chan." You greeted him but he ignored you.

"Why are you here?" He asked but still, he's not looking back.

"What Why? I'm always here. It's my second home." You replied and hurriedly closed your phone. You walk towards the guy with bleach blonde long hair. "I am waiting for Senju. We're going to study for the finals."

"Just keep your voices low. You both squeal like a pig in the middle of the night."

"Mean!" You said. He didn't even look at you but instead, he went inside his house.

"Aren't you gonna invite me in?"

"No."

"Why?"

The boy looked back at you, he noticed that your cleavage was peeking from your top. He immediately looked away. He's about to say something when Senju suddenly appears.

"Yo! Sorry I'm late," Senju said as she hung her arm around your neck.

"You're always late." You replied with a smile.

The blond boy sighed and just walked away.

"Does Haru-chan have other expressions than sighing?"

Senju brushes her chin and hums. "He sometimes smile." She said.

"Really? I wanna see that smile!"

"When are you going to confess to my brother?" Senju suddenly asked out of the blue that made you choke on the juice that you're drinking.

"Quiet!" You gestured to her to keep her voice down. "I'm content in admiring him from afar and besides, he will not like me. He just sees me as his sister."

"If you won't take action to what you feel, how would you know that he likes you or not?"

"You know that It's hard for me to deal with rejection." You fake a chuckle. After your father left you and my mom, you experienced rejection from him repeatedly in terms of support and attention.

"Yes, sometimes it's hard to understand what Haru's thinking but you're always assuming the worst." Senju said and chomped the cake at the mini table.

"It's better this way than to have false hopes," You said and continued to write in your notebook.

"What if Haru one day announced that he has a girlfriend. What will you do?" She suddenly asked. You felt a tug on your chest and stopped from writing

You became silent for a while. That question is kinda stung. "Then, there's nothing I can do. if he's happy, then I'll cheer for him," You took a quick glance at Senju and went back to writing.

You really want to confess to him but you're scared. Now that he doesn't know your feeling, he's already snobby towards you. What if he knows? You're worried that you might not be able to talk to him again if that happens.

You both finished studying early so you decided to read a manga, while Senju is playing at her computer.

"Senju! I'm just going to the bathroom, you want something from the kitchen?"

"Oh, bring me a soda, please." She said, not looking at you. She's busy playing. "And chips!" she added.

"aye aye!" You fake salute and put down the manga that you're reading. You look at the time and it's already 10:00 pm.