Wakasa // Hello Again

Hello! Please read Shinichiro // The Story of Us first to understand this story hehe  ( • ө • )♡

Winter and spring have already passed since you last saw him, and summer has arrived. You awoke, stretching your arms as warm sunlight kissed your skin through the window. "Ah, another busy day."

Your tears stopped falling after the last flower bloomed in spring, and now that you know that he's happy, you are determined to move forward. You start by enrolling yourself in a culinary school, majoring in patisserie and baking. Someday, you want to open your own cake shop.

You're still working part-time, and you asked the boss if you could help in the kitchen. She's nice to let you work with their resident baker to learn more about your craft. You feel like time has started moving again for you, and slowly, you're living your life again.

You're placing the cakes on the display fridge when the door of the shop chimes, indicating that a customer has entered.

"Welcome to Pink Sugar Cakes and Pas...try..." You were slightly jolted from your spot as your eyes slowly widened to see a familiar man walking inside the cake shop.

The man with dual-toned hair stopped upon seeing your face. It's like those cliché romance movies where time went into slow motion when the male lead saw the female lead for the first time.

Wakasa's eyes slowly widened as he felt a familiar yet strange feeling come rushing in. It's like the feeling that you've already fallen in love with someone before even meeting them. That's exactly what he felt when he saw you.

"S—Sir?"

"Uhm... Do you want to have coffee with me?" He mumbled and shook his head. "I mean, do you serve coffee here?"

You're tempted not to look at the huge menu board behind you before answering. "Ah... Yes sir. Do you want to try some of our cakes too?"

"Yes! I would love to." Wakasa said he was a bit excited. He noticed your confused expression, so he paused for a quick while and cleared his throat. "You probably don't remember this, but my friend went here last Christmas Eve... He bought a cake and said that it was delicious, so he recommended this place." He paused once again when he noticed that he was talking too much. "I—I have a sweet tooth."

"Ye—Yeah, I remember... the man with black hair, right?"

"Yes! Yes! I'm Wakasa, by the way... You are?" He said, extending his hand. Wakasa's gaze shifted to your nametag. "Oh, y/n, what a beautiful name!"

"Thank you. Uhm... Do you want me to recommend a cake or do you want to take your time to choose?"

"I'll eat whatever you recommend. I trust your judgment." He replied, putting down his hand, which you ignored.

You smiled and nodded. Even though he'd been your great friend, you promised to cut yourself entirely off from everything connected to Shinichiro. There's no need to attach yourself to his life now that he's already married.