Naoto // I Hate You [ 2 ]

There are eight billion people in this world, eight billion lives are changing and you're the one I need. -Hale

"I still can't find someone with a name y/n l/n

"I still can't find someone with a name y/n l/n. It's been three years since you've become a detective and until now, you're still looking for that girl you met in high school." Ryu, Naoto's partner said as he put the coffee on his table.

"I just need to know what happened to her. I owe her why I am in this position right now."

"Don't you think that the reason why we couldn't find her is that she doesn't want to be found?"

Naoto stopped typing on his computer and run his palms to his face. "I need to know if she's safe... She has no one before, I'm sure she's all alone now." He paused. frustration painted on his stoic face. "I really hate her."

"Hate?" Ryu said in a confused tone. "Isn't that the opposite?"

"What?"

"If you really hate her then why do you have this urge to find and protect her? Isn't it the opposite? You're in love with her since then."

"What?" Naoto's eyebrows furrowed. "No..." He paused when suddenly, your first and last genuine smile that he witnessed flashed into his mind. Then everything became clear.

I think I do... I do love you, y/n.

A week later, Naoto's walking home carrying a plastic of beers in his hand. Since he joined the Tokyo Police, He has been working non-stop. Hina, his older sister was already married to her childhood boyfriend so, Naoto is currently living alone. The silence of his apartment is killing him that's why he rather work overtime than to go home.

He came to a halt when a girl suddenly appeared from a narrow alley not far from him. She trips on her feet and trembles like she's scared of someone. Naoto also noticed that she has bruises on her arms and legs.

As he was about to run towards her. a man with a cigarette in his mouth stepped outside the same alley.

"I told you, Bitch. Don't show me your ugly face when I'm with another girl. It's disgusting to look at you!" He then kicked the girl, Making her lay on the ground. Naoto immediately let go of the plastic bag and run towards them.

"Hey, It's against the law to hit a woman!" He crouches down to check if she's okay. He then took his badge and showed them to the man. "I am a police!"

"Oh shit." The man suddenly run. Naoto was about to follow him when the girl sat down and grabbed his wrist.

"Let go. He needs to get in jail! look at you!" Naoto looked at the girl and was in complete shock when he recognize her face.

"y/n?" Naoto moved a little closer to see your face clearly. He removed your hair from your face to have a better view. Your face have cuts, lips are red as a cherry, and hair cut into a long messy wolf cut. "It's you."