Baji // Why Not Me? [ 1 ]

It's the first day of school and you are on your way to your new class. You're in a hurry because the bell already rang. "Why does every chapter has a cliffhanger! I ended up reading the whole three volumes, Now I'm late!" You said to yourself hugging your books.

You're looking at your watch when you bump into somebody making you step back. "Oh! Sorry!" You said and look up Man he's tall. you said to yourself.

"It's fine." He said adjusting his glasses, he looks kinda uncomfortable with those big glasses. His long black hair is tied in a neat low ponytail.

"Are you lost or something? The bell already rang." You said in confusion.

"Ah yeah! I can't see clearly, Do you know where this classroom is?" He said giving you a piece of paper with his room and class schedule. You're confused how come he cannot see anything while he's wearing his glasses.

"Oh, you're new here?" You look at the paper. "Great! we're in the same class! Let's go we're late." You said pulling his wrist.

Turns out the guy you pulled is a new transfer student, His name is Baji Keisuke. The teacher assigned him to sit next to you.

"Thank you for earlier." He said in a whisper leaning to his side.

"Oh, it's nothing."

"You want to go to lunch together? I don't have friends yet." He said adjusting his glasses, he looks in a different direction.

"Okay." You said in a confused tone. He just smiled at you and put his thumbs up but in a different direction. There's definitely something wrong with his glasses.

it's lunchtime and you're with him eating at the stairs near the rooftop. You're staring at him.

"Why... Why are you staring at me?"

"Those glasses..." You pointed at them, Baji looks at your finger making his eyes cross. "It's not yours isn't it?"

"Oh..." He let out a nervous chuckle. "No."

"That's the reason you look uncomfortable!" You said like you solved a mystery. You put your chopsticks down and slowly remove the glasses from his eyes. You got stunned by how beautiful his eyes are.

"Woah! Everything looks clear!" He said looking around, You're still staring at him,

"Why the hell you're wearing glasses that is not yours?"

"Oh! My friends outside the school told me that if you wear glasses you'll be smart."

Your eyes widened and try to suppress your laughter.

"What?" He said tilting his head.

"You're friends are playing with you." You said and let out a gentle laugh.

"Oh! Those bastards!" He said scratching his head.

"Your eyes are beautiful. You don't need these glasses." You said smiling.

"T-Thanks." He replied.

***

The next day he went to school with his hair down and without glasses making your jaws drop. He's a good looking fellow!

You both vibe and instantly became friends.  But as time goes by, You feel something different. You like him even from the start. You just don't have the guts to tell him yet.

You're walking in the hallway laughing at some random jokes when he suddenly stops walking. His face became serious.

"Wha-" you halt and look where he's looking.