Ran // Call it Karma

tw: slight assault

"You're the only one I need, y/n and I don't want anyone else

"You're the only one I need, y/n and I don't want anyone else. If you give me a chance, I promise to love you until the end of time."

A simple sentence, but it brought you so much joy. Who wouldn't be happy? The love of your life, saying that you're the only one he needs is an assurance that he will stay with you forever.

You revolved your world around him, supported him with all your heart, and never once had a doubt in every decision he made. You were the one who was beside him when he got accepted into his dream university, when he received his first paycheck, when he bought his first car, when his mother got sick... you were there when he first shed tears as life got tough on him.

You were the one beside him when he was at his lowest... Just sitting there, holding his hand, repeatedly saying that things will be alright, that no matter how hard it is, you will not leave him behind.

When they all turned their backs on him, you were the only one who stayed until he picked himself up and stood up to try again. Twelve years later, he finally reached his dream, you were the first person to say You made it, I'm so proud of you.

You did all of those without thinking about yourself because, for you, it's enough that he doesn't want anyone else... Just you.

"Let's have an open relationship." Ran suggested while cutting his food. He didn't even bother to look at you.

Letting go of the spoon that you were holding, a loud static sound echoed throughout your ears as you couldn't believe what he just said. Did I hear him right? What does he mean by open relationship?

"y/n."

"What—what do you mean by that?"

"Isn't it hard to understand? I want to open this relationship."

"But why?"

Ran sighed and put down his fork and the steak knife. "We've been together since we were fifteen, y/n. We're twenty-seven now, and I want to explore other things before we get married. You should too."

"Why?" You keep repeating the question because, to be honest, you couldn't wrap your head around the idea of open relationships.

"I love you so much, and I see my future with you. Believe me, y/n when I say that you're the only girl that I want to spend my life with." He sighed and looked you straight into your eyes. "I want to experience more outside of this relationship before tying the knot, you know what I mean?"

"No, because... why would anyone do that? Who would even do that?"

"y/n, I've been with you for twelve years... only with you, I've missed a lot of things especially when we were in college, and I know you are too."