Ryusei // Maybe, Just Maybe.

Walking home in a cold afternoon, you put your earphones on and blasted a song while opening the small paper bag to get your curry bun as you can't wait to get home to eat it. Cold breeze suddenly brushed your cheeks that made you quiver.

"Damn, I should've brought a jacket." You whispered while rubbing your arm to warm yourself a little. Winter season is just around the corner and your mind is full of hot choco, ramen, and hotpot.

You stopped your tracks when your music paused, and heard your phone chimes. Biting the curry bun, you removed your earphones and took the phone from your pocket. You checked the notification and it was a message from your mother, asking you to buy some eggs on your way home.

While you were replying to the message, you flinched when you heard a loud thud coming from the narrow alleyway.

You shifted your head to the right and there, saw two males that looked like the same age as you, fist fighting. While watching, you recognized the uniform of one of them.

That's the uniform of our school. You thought.

He walked towards the other dude that was on the ground, beaten badly, and was about to hold his collar when the dude wearing the same uniform as yours caught you standing from afar by his peripheral vision.

He quickly looked your way that made you startled. Your mouth agape and the bread fall to the floor. 

He tilted his head to the side, and to your panic, you paced back and forth, thinking where you should walk. On your third pace you decided to go forward and sprint your way out of there. 

Should I call the police? But it's none of my business. But the dude might die if I won't stop their fights. But that standing dude's stare was scary! After having a mental argument with yourself, you decided to report the incident and left. You don't want to get more involved, and in your mind, you did what you have to do to help and that's enough. 

After you reached home, you went straight to your room and laid on your bed, looking at the ceiling. Those eyes were etched on your mind.

The next day, you carry on with your activities at school. Everything was normal as nothing weird happened and surprisingly, you didn't see that dude with the same uniform. Maybe he's a senpai.

You don't know if you were just paranoid or what, but since this morning, you feel like he's coming for you. Thankfully, he's not... or so you thought.

It's already the end of the class and you were tasked to throw the garbage in the dumpster. As you were walking, carrying the garbage can, someone suddenly jumped from the second floor of the building, landing perfectly in front of you. You shriek from the surprise, causing you to let go of the garbage can.

"What the hell—" You froze, eyes wide when you saw who it was. 

"Well hello there, little snitch." He said and smiled. Your instinct instructed you to turn around and you did, but as you were about to step away, ready to run for your life, he held the back of your uniform, dragging you at the back of the school building.

"Hey, let me—" You flinched when he aggressively hit the wall, caging you. "go," You whispered in fear.

"So, you're the one who reported me to the police?"

"What? Reported? Who? Me?"

"Don't play dumb. You're the only one who saw us there." He leaned closer that made you look to your side, gulping.

"You were about to kill him! I need to do something."

"So you did."

You quickly covered your mouth but it was too late. "Sorry."