Chifuyu // Lovebug

in this oneshot, Chifuyu and y/n are in senior high school, both just turned eighteen years old.

The sky is clear and the wind feels nice. Earlier this morning, you found a letter on your locker asking you to meet the sender after school under the cherry blossom tree.

While waiting for the sender, you look at the piece of paper with a beautiful scent. This is my favorite smell you thought as you stared at the handwriting. It was neat and clean.

The wind suddenly blows. You cover your eyes to avoid dirt coming to them but you accidentally let go of the piece of paper, You followed it with your eyes and were about to get them when you heard someone calling your name.

"y/n?" A familiar voice said. You turn your head where the voice is coming from and see Chifuyu, your classmate walking towards you. He looks so cute as he tries to smile but fails. he looks nervous too.

"Chifuyu, did you put the letter on my locker?"

"Ah, yes... I'm the one who asked you here."

"Wha-" You're a little bit surprised because Chifuyu is quite popular in your year. every day, girls shoot their shots and confess to him. but oddly enough, he never accepted anyone. And then here you are, being called in this part of the school where most of the confessions took place.

"Why?" puzzled, you tilt your head to the side. Chifuyu began to blush and looked away.

"I can't say the things that I wanted to say if you show me that kind of expression." He then covers his mouth, trying his best to act natural.

You don't know how to react so you just stood there quiet, observing what would happen next. To be honest, you're as nervous as him because he's Chifuyu. Everyone likes him, including you.

When Chifuyu calmed down he looked back at you. He then stares straight into your eyes, his expression shifts to serious but his face is still red. "y/n, I called you here because I want to tell you that I like you and I promise to make you happy. Please go out with me," He then bowed in front of you.

Eyes widen upon hearing his confession. you held your cheeks with your hands. "Why me? Every day pretty girls confessed to you but why me?"

Chifuyu stood up and took a step closer to you, "Why you?" He asked with a gentle smile as he tucked your hair behind your ear. Electricity-like feelings flow when his skin touches yours.

"It's embarrassing to admit this but I am watching you for a while now, you pique my interest when you fought a senpai because he's bullying our classmate. You didn't cause a scene but your words made that senpai shut his mouth then I thought Ah, she looks cool. then as days go by, I see how hardworking you are, doing your very best to achieve whatever you want. You accepted failure well and then you try again... by that, you inspired me, and then I realized that I want to make you happy. I truly believe that it's fate that we met."