Inui // Unlikely Romance

"Chloe, wait up!" You yelled as you ran to the hallways of your school building.

"Ms. l/n! don't run." A teacher said, making you halt.

"Sorry, Sensei." You put the bread in your mouth and bowed at her.

"You're not in the basketball court, fix your ribbon and your hair! remove the cap you're at school not at the park."

"Yes! I'm sorry again, sensei." You quickly removed your cap and combed your hair with your hands before bowing again. You heard your teacher sigh as you waited for her to walk away.

You sighed as a relief and wiped your sweat on your forehead. After you made sure that the teacher was gone, you ran again to catch on to your best friend.

You ran past Inui and Koko, your classmates that's walking together.

"y/n doesn't act cute. How come she's friends with Chloe? They're not alike, I thought friends are somehow the same with attitude and share the same personality. I can't see similarities with them." Koko said, tilting his head to the side. Inui ignored his friend and just watched you run towards Chloe, His childhood friend. His eyes are fixed on the girl he likes as you both talk while walking. You're laughing with your mouth wide open wide while Chloe laughs with her hands covering her mouth.

Inui's eyebrows furrowed when Baji stepped into the scene. He greeted you and Chloe with a smile. Inui can easily tell that Chloe blushed upon seeing Baji but what he did not expect is for your eyes to sparkle as you stared at your male classmate.

"This is interesting." He said.

"What? What interesting?" Koko asked in confusion.

"Ah, Nothing."

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

"I like Baji!" Chloe, your best friend for three years said as she held your hands tightly. Her face is red and has this glowing smile as she continues to talk about Baji. "He's kind, a little dense but straightforward, He may have a little bit of temper issues but he's thoughtful."

A little bit of temper issues? didn't he light up a car just because he's hungry?

Chloe pause. Her eyes are filled with sparkles. This is the first time you see her like that and base on your observation, You can tell that Baji treats Chloe extra special than your other classmates.

"Then... If you're happy. I'll cheer for you, Chloe."

"Really? Thank you, y/n!" But Chloe's smile soon faded. She then suddenly went quiet for a while and her eyes started to look sad. She began to play with her fingernails.

"Inui confessed yesterday."

"Inui? The poker-face-childhood-friend Inui?" You paused and rubbed your chin. "So he has emotions after all."

Chloe only nods in response. "I already rejected him but he told me that he'll make me fall for him. I feel guilty because we've known each other since we were kids and I don't want to give him false hopes. I don't want to hurt anyone and I don't want to ruin our friendship."

You sighed. "We can't teach ourselves who to love, right? Don't feel guilty just because you're being honest with yourself." You gulp before you say the next words. "I'll try my best to help you in any way."

"Thank you y/n! You really are the best! Tell me if you have someone that you like and I will support you too with all my power."

"Ah," you chuckled as you scratched the back of your head. "I don't have someone I like at the moment, I am focused on my basketball club."