Rindou // I Hate that I Like You [ 2 ]

You stepped out of your house and saw Rindou waiting for you outside of your gate. He raised his hand a little but quickly put it back inside his pocket like he didn't know if he should greet you or ignore you. You faintly chuckle as you find it amusing to see.

You walked towards him, narrowing your eyes. "Yo! What are you doing here?"

"W-Waiting for you, obviously." He replied and quickly averted his eyes. Your lips formed a smirk as you took this chance to tease him. It's not every day you'll see him stutter and fluster like that.

You leaned closer to his face, making Rin step backward. "What are you doing?" He panickily asked.

"You're getting red!" You said in amusement while poking his cheeks. Rindou furrowed his eyebrows and pushed your face away from him using his hand. It's like he's grasping a ball in one hand.

"You're too close! You're enjoying this, huh?"

"Yes, I am." you firmly said. "Don't you like that? I can kiss you if you want." You tried to lean closer again but this time, he shoved a single rose into your face. You quickly grabbed it and stood straight, distancing yourself from him.

"Idiot! you're giving me a hard time," He said before walking away. "Why do I fall for someone like you? There are a lot of other girls out there." He mumbled while walking, making you chuckle a little. You looked at the rose and smelled it before following him.

"Wait for me!"

"Walk by yourself!" He said in an annoyed tone.

It's been two weeks since your rejection, and to your surprise, you're doing well and haven't cried, not even once. You think that maybe because Rindou never left your side. He's being extra nice which you find cute at the same time weird because for the past year all you ever did was fight each other with an intent to kill.

You still don't know about your feelings for Rindou. After all, two weeks is too early... It still stings whenever you see Ran with his girlfriend all lovey-dovey together but slowly you're getting there.

You flinched when you felt something cold pressed on your cheeks. "What the hell?" You looked up and saw Rindou holding a can of juice.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

"Oh, I was thinking about you."

Rindou was taken aback by what you said. His heart instantly pounds so fast, and his ears begin to turn red.

"Kidding! Look how easily you turn red!" You chuckled, grabbed the juice, and stood up. As you were about to walk away, Rindou grabbed your shoulders and pushed you back to your seat. He leaned a little closer and stared at your eyes which made you feel conscious. "Hey!"

"I will make your heart beat fast for me too, just wait." He whispered in a low husky tone but you, being you leaned a little closer, not backing down.

"Then, I will wait for that to happen."

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Sanzu said while clapping like a kid.

You both snapped your heads towards him, shooting daggers at the bleach-blond dude. "Where did you come from?" Rindou asked.

"Over there." Sanzu pointed somewhere. Rindou looked back at you, and you were still close. He got surprised and immediately stood straight.

"Let's go, you nosy-popping-like-mushroom-anywhere-without-a-warning-ass," Rindou said and walked away. Sanzu waved at you before following his friend. When you see that they are gone, you immediately hold your chest, feeling the beat of your heart.

"damn, I overdid it."

Three months passed since he said that he would make your heart beat fast for him. He's done simple and subtle gestures that you find sweet, like waiting for you after class so he could walk you home or randomly giving you the food that you like in the most random and awkward timing.