Rindou // Cherry Candy

In this universe, you and Ran are 4 years older than Rindou so this is a slightly age-gap story
P.S I Really love writing Rindou as tsundere (ノ≧∀≦) ノ

•••

Did I fall asleep? Rindou thought as he slowly opened his eyes. The first thing he noticed was the sound of the television. He didn't turn it on as he was studying in the living room for their exams, so there's one particular person who did it while he was asleep. Annoyed, Rindou looked at you.

"Oh! You're finally awake. I didn't want to wake you up, so I went ahead and borrowed your kitchen." You said, munching a sandwich. "Your brother texted me that he will be late, so I let myself in."

"Don't you have your own house? You don't have any business here," he said coldly.

You live next door and have known them since you were eight years old. You first became friends with Ran and then, you gradually began hanging out with him in their house, especially when your parents were away on business trips. Though Rindou is the polar opposite of his brother, you tried to approach him, but he's been as cold as ice since you were kids.

Eventually, Mr & Mrs. Haitani welcomed you as part of their family. Since then, you've been in and out of their house as if you're already living there.

"Eh? No one's home, and it's gloomy to stay there; besides, I know you'll be here, so let's hang out, kiddo!" You said, bending slightly to grab a small plate of sandwiches from the small coffee table in front. "Here! I made this for you. No tomatoes, no pickles, just pure ham, and cheese!" you said as you handed him the plate.

"You know, at your age, you should eat a lot of veggies so you can grow more," you continued and was about to pat his head when he swiftly tapped your hand away.

"Don't touch me."

"Eh? After all these years, you're still cold toward me? I'm your older sister, you know?" You said and placed the sandwich back on the table.

"You're not my sister. Never will be." He said in a monotone voice. Your smiles dropped and pouted a little. Not gonna lie, that stings especially since you mentally adopted him as your little brother.

Rindou sighed and closed his book. He then gathered his stuff and attempted to stand up, but you quickly held his arm. Rindou who is now visibly annoyed, looked back and saw you leaning forward which showed a bit of your cleavage. He quickly furrowed his brows but didn't avert his gaze.

"Eh? You're really leaving?" You said, and he looked into your eyes.

"I can't study like this. The television is too loud, and you're..." His gaze went back to your chest. "A distraction."

"But... but what's the point of hanging out if you leave?"

"Not my problem." He said and stood up, resisting your grip.

"Wait!"

"What?" he asked irritably, returning his gaze. He watched as you hastily stood up from the sofa and reached into your pocket for something. You approach him and takes his hand in yours, placing something into his palm.

"Here, so you don't fall asleep while studying, little bro. Good luck with your exams!" you said, smiling. Rindou snatched his hand away from you and walked away.

"Eh. Are high school students really that moody?" you said as you watched his figure disappear from your sight.

Rindou, on the other hand, went straight to his room, and as soon as he flopped himself on his bed, he raised his hand and stared at the cherry candy that you gave him.