Baji // Chapter Two

CW: a brief scene of self-harm

Feeling the frigid air brush against his skin, Baji glanced out at the wonderful view of the city

Feeling the frigid air brush against his skin, Baji glanced out at the wonderful view of the city. The sweet, yet earthy, smell of drying leaves lingers in his nose as he leans against the railings of the Nijubashi Bridge.

"Huh, I never noticed how beautiful this city is," he mumbled as he let the chilly wind blow his long black hair. "I wish I could stay here forever,"

His peace was cut short when he felt a presence by his side that seemed to be struggling to remain still. Letting out a sigh, the black-haired male shifted his head and saw a man trying to climb up the railings.

"I... I am worthy of love too, you know! I am worthy!" He shouted as he tried to balance himself. He seemed drunk as his tie was loosened, the button of his shirt was opened, and his hair was a mess.

Placing his hands inside his pocket, Baji approached the man. As annoying as it is, he can't just stand there and watch him jump off the bridge. "Hey, mister, standing there is dangerous."

The man with pink hair shifted his gaze towards Baji. He furrowed his eyebrows, annoyed that a child was ruining his scheduled breakdown. "Shut up, kid! Can't you see that I'm having a moment here?"

"You can still have your moment without killing yourself, like, I don't know, burning cars or something to release the frustration."

The pink-haired male's eyes widened as if he just heard the weirdest advice in his life. "You don't want me to jump off the bridge, but it's okay to burn cars? What kind of mind—Ah! Nevermind. Why am I even listening to a kid? Go home."

"I don't have a home."

"Parents?"

Baji shook my head. "Are you sure that you're going to jump? Do you want me to push you?" He asked, diverting the topic. He then took a step and tried to reach for Sanzu's legs.

Sanzu quickly dodged his hand. "What?! Why are you going to push me? I'm going to die if I fall off this bridge!"

"Then why don't you get down from there and let's talk about your problems? I have a lot of time on my hands, mister."

"Talk to who? You? Aren't you fourteen?"

"I'm sixteen."

"Not old enough to know about life, let alone love Shoo! Go away and pick up some books or some—Ahhhh!"

The pink-haired male didn't finish his sentence when a bird flew by, causing him to startle and lose his balance.

"I don't want to die! Please, god, gods, anyone up there, I was just joking! I don't want to die a virgin! I don't... Huh?" He opened his eyes, and he saw Baji, holding his hands. The black-haired male happened to grab him just in time.

"Ah! Finally, you stopped yelling."

"Kid, hey... please don't let go, okay? If you can, please pull me up. It was a mistake! Climbing over the railings was a mistake. I don't want to die. Please."