South // First Glance

Every day feels the same for South. He wakes up, hangs out with his gang members, gets into fist fights, and breaks rules. It's becoming repetitive for him, and as time passes, he begins to crave something new, something that will make his blood pump hard, but somehow he cannot find it.

He chases excitement, but everything feels temporary to him. Like every time after a fight, once all the hype fades away, the thrill only sticks around for a few minutes before he's back to feeling bored.

To him, it feels like he is living just to exist.

"Shion, light!" South said in a firm tone, and immediately, one of his members, Shion, came running to give him a cigarette. He then lit it, and South puffed a smoke.

"Should we extort money from someone, boss? We're getting bored here," he asked, and South quickly smacked his head.

"We are not extorting money from anyone. Just gamble to the side."

"Eh? Everyone is afraid of us! We should take advantage of it so that they will know not to mess with you, boss," Ryoga, another one of his members, said.

"Not exciting."

"How about a fight? There are a lot of newly formed gangs that want to fight us," Suneo, another member, asked.

"Nah. They are not worthy of my time."

"Then what are we going to do, boss?" Shion asked, scratching his head.

Their leader glanced at them before answering. "Punch each other. The first one to knock their opponent's teeth is the winner."

"Eh?!" his gang said in unison.

"What? You want action, right? Then go ahead and knock each other's teeth," South smirked and continued to finish the cancer stick in between his lips.

"But boss..."

"Go on, I want to watch," he teased, but his gang members protested. Not long after, a group of students walked past them, catching his attention.

Following them with his eyes, the tall, muscular lad landed his gaze on you... And just like that, with one single glance, his whole world suddenly moved in slow motion, and everything else became a blur except for you.

As cliche as it may seem, but at the very moment, he's already drawn to you. It may be because of curiosity; who knows? But one thing is for sure: he can't take his eyes off of you.

"I want to sing I cook cream soup taste is coco loco!" you said, laughing. You are with your friends as you all decided to go to a karaoke bar to celebrate the last day of your exam. It's been one hell of a week, and you all deserve to sing, eat as much food as you all want, and relax.

"You have a weird taste in music," one of the girls said, lightly smacking your arm.

"What? It's catchy and cute. You'll see, you will like it too!" You're laughing and joking with your friends as South stares at your face in awe. It's as if he fell into a magical dimension just by watching your expression.

"Pretty," he mumbled.

"Are you saying something, boss?" Ryoga asked, peering at his leader, but South ignored his friend.

"Shion."

"Yes, boss?"

"Who is that girl?" he asked, pointing at you.

"Where?"

"The one with h/c, h/l hair. She's wearing the same uniform as ours."

"Oh..." Shion tilted his head to the side, trying to catch a glance of your face. After a few seconds, South smacked the back of his head.