Izana // Starting Over

After a good cry, you finally stepped out of the clinic. the class has already ended.

"Maybe he already went home. It's embarrassing if Wakasa sees me like this." You whisper to yourself as you walk your way to your classroom to get your bag. You halt when see your foreign classmate passing by.

He has tears in his eyes.

You wonder what happened to him. You were too busy chasing after your ex-boyfriend that you did not pay attention to your class. All you know is that he's close with your other girl classmate.

As you stepped inside your classroom you saw Ran, your classmate, and his girlfriend licking each other.

"Oh c'mon. After I got dump, I see this?" You mumbled almost in a whisper.

"Sorry!" Ran's girlfriend bows and drags Ran with a naughty smirk out of the classroom.

After that day you keep on observing that foreign student, Izana. He's not smiling like he used to. Upon seeing Ran and his girlfriend the other day exchanging salivas and Izana storming away from the classroom with tears in his eyes. You hit your palm with your fist like you figure out the greatest mystery. You smell a love triangle.

Your head turns and sees Wakasa. He's happily flirting with another girl in class. What happened to his girlfriend?

You sigh while grasping your chest. It hurts like hell seeing him so close yet so out of reach. Stop this nonsense y/n! you already decided to give up on him for his sake. Just focus on your study and graduate fast!

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

A month passed and you're still awkward with Wakasa. You wanted to greet him but every time you try, you stop yourself. You know that your relationship with him cannot be salvaged anymore. the crack has been there and it won't go away but still, there's a little hope in your heart that someday you two can be friends.

You're walking your way to the cafeteria when you heard Shinichiro and Wakasa talking inside the room. You halted.

"Ehhhhh? Do you like someone? The I-don't-like-commitment-guy like someone?" Shinichiro said in disbelief.

"I said, I'm interested to know her. Why jump into a conclusion Shin!" Wakasa said as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Because since..." Shinichiro paused. "Since y/n broke up with you in middle school, you lost your interest in getting to know the other girls. You just go with the flow. it doesn't matter if you like her or not. but this time it's different. I can feel it."

"y/n and I talked and had the closure. So I guess that helped."

You continued to walk. You can't bear to hear more about their conversation.

He just needed the closure so he could move on. It hurts, It hurts so bad I want to cry, but there are no more tears left. I can't breathe.

You got out of your trance when you tripped on your classmate's foot who was sitting in the hallway.

You were about to fall when a warm arm catches you. "Eh?" You look up and see Izana. You quickly distance yourself from him.

"N—Nice reflexes. Thank you." You quickly bow. You immediately storm out because you feel the need to get out of there. To breathe outside. Your eyes are now blurred from the tears but then you hear someone's voice.

"Oi!" He then wrapped his arms around you pulling you away from the stairs.

"Huh?" You looked back and saw Izana, again. He's panting. Did he run?