Ran // Blind date

"Valentine's day is coming, do you have a date, y/n?" your friend asks while eating lunch at a cafe near your office.

"Nope." You look like you were about to cry. "twenty-five and still single. if this will go on I will end up alone. Sad and alone." You sniff as you sip your drink.

She scoots closer and pats your back "There, there. I know you would say that. don't worry I already set you up on a blind date!"

"Really?!" Your eyes shine as you hold your friend's hands together.

"Yeah! You're beautiful y/n and you have style. You just have to level up that confidence of yours!" She said with a smile.

"Anyway, as for your date... He's my childhood friend that's why I know what kind of person he is. you don't have to worry about anything."

"Thank you. You're an angel! I will not disappoint you this time," You pause when you remember a certain someone.

"It was all his fault! If he didn't bully me throughout high school, I won't lose my confidence." You grit your teeth as you grasp the glass of juice.

"Achoo!" Ran sneezes while hanging out with his friends in Koko's playroom. The room contains billiards, darts, a bar counter, pinball machines, etc. This is where they usually hang out when they got tired in crowded bars.

"Bless you," Rindou said while tapping his phone.

"I'll lend you my black card. Use them however you want just show up as my proxy on my blind date." Koko says in monotone while he drinks his bourbon.

"Blind dates are for high schoolers. we're fucking adults for fuck's sake. Why don't you ask this guy?" Ran points at his brother who's busy on his phone. "Or this crackhead?" His fingers shift at Haruchiyo who's busy with his favorite powder.

"Hey! who are you calling a crackhead?" Haru sits straight and glares at Ran.

"Whose nose is white?" Ran says nonchalantly.

"Pass, I have a date." Rindou answers.

"Just take her to dinner and send her home after. fuck her if she's hot. You've got nothing to lose." Koko slides his black card on the table, tapping them a couple of times like he's luring a mouse into a trap.

"Why didn't you reject the offer in the first place?" Ran took a sip of his bourbon but his eyes were fixed on the card lying on the table. he's already imagining the unlimited drinks he can buy with that card.

"Well, it was a setup from my childhood friend. She was so persistent. She didn't stop until I said yes."

"Wow, this is the first time you got persuaded by a girl, Koko." Ran said, tracing the lid of the lowball glass that he was holding.

"Shut up! Will you go on that blind date or not?"

"I might if you let me use your new Camaro."

Koko massages his temples and sighs. "Fine, just make sure to bring it back scratch-free!" He dangles the keys and Ran quickly snatched them.

"Sweet!"

You went shopping after work to find a cute dress to wear for your blind date. While looking at yourself in the mirror, you suddenly remember your awful high school experience. The bullying you've experienced by that one guy that led you to change yourself entirely.

After high school, you applied to a faraway university. by far away you meant another country. You then started to learn how to use make-up and do skincare. You studied a little bit of fashion that made you survive college. You realize that people will not bother you nor make fun of you if you pass their beauty standards. A sad reality of life.