Baji // Five Stages

You're looking at the wall clock in your classroom while repeatedly tapping your feet on the floor. Mentally counting the seconds before the bell rings.

"Three... Two... One..." And the bell rings. You hurriedly stood up and put your things inside your bag.

"y/n, wanna come with us? the class is going to the karaoke."

"I'm good. Someone's waiting for me." You said with a smile.

"y/n..." Your other classmate with short hair said. The girl beside her tapped the short hair's shoulder like she was saying to let you go.

You ran to the hallway down to the building and to the school gate. There, you see your boyfriend. Keisuke Baji leaning his back against the wall while his hands are inside his pocket.

"You ran again." He said with a smile.

"I'm just excited to meet you." Your smile shines the brightest whenever you see him. His warm gaze makes your heart flutter.

"Let's go," Baji said and you nodded in response. Even though you were studying in different schools, Baji always makes sure to come and wait for you after class so he can send you home safely. He does this all the time to the point that your day is not complete without seeing him leaning against the wall of your school after class.

He's the type of human that prioritizes the security of his loved ones before himself.

"how's your day?" Baji asked. You're balancing yourself on the gutter and he's beside you.

"It's good. I passed the exams! I can enjoy the summer vacation peacefully with you."

"That's my girlfriend!" He said with a proud tone in his voice. "You're trying your best, I am proud." He smiled at you that made you blush. You were captivated by his gentle smiles.

"I am doing this for our future, Baji. I have so many plans for us."

"y/n... I..."

"Let's stop by the convenience store! I want to eat ice cream!" You said, ignoring what he's about to say.

Baji paused and smiled. "Okay," he answered.

You ran towards the convenience store and Baji followed you. You bought two ice creams.

"Here." You handed him the cup.

"I can't eat ice cream right now, y/n."

"Oh! I forgot you have lactose intolerance, silly me." You let out an awkward laugh.

You and Baji met when you were in middle school and it was chaos. You were walking while looking at your bag, searching for something. You didn't notice a group of guys running around that looks like playing tags.

"Watch out!" A guy with black hair said before slamming his body to you. You both fell and his head landed on your chest, burying his face to your breast.

"Pe—Pervert!" You shouted. Baji immediately distanced himself to you,

"I'm sorry!" to your panic, you pushed him hard but you got out of balance that you fell on top of him. You tried to save yourself by supporting your body not to fall directly at him but instead of placing your hands on the ground, you place them on his crouch.

Baji's face went sour. You felt a bulge on your palm so, you slowly looked at your hands. Heat travels to your face as you turn red.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

You shut your eyes, waiting for him to get mad but instead, you heard a carefree laugh. "It's an accident. let's forget that happened."

Somehow his voice made your embarrassed self relax. there's something about his smile that calms your nerves.