Shinichiro // The Story of Us

In this universe, Benkei, Waka and Shin are childhood friends, and in a modern setting.

Shinichiro Sano | age: 8

y/n l/n | age: 8

The black-haired kid pointed his finger at you and yelled. Behind him were two more kids of the same age as you. One with droopy eyes, and the other is a tall, tan kid. "Hey! You! New kid!" You ignored him and continued stretching. Shinichiro huffed and marched his way toward you. "I am talking to you!"

"What do you want?"

"Grampa said that you're strong! Is it true?" He scoffed and flicked his nose with his thumb. "I am the only one who's strong here. No one can beat me! I run this dojo, and no one... not even a girl like—Ahhhh!" Shinichiro shouted when you pulled his hand, twisted them around, and threw him over your shoulders.

"You're saying?" you asked, dusting your hands before walking over to him and stepping on his tummy. Shinichiro groaned and coughed while Benkei and Wakasa both laughed, watching you walk away from them.

"Ha! That's what you get for being arrogant." Wakasa said as he extended his hand to his friend to help him get up.

"Tch. This is my dojo, and I am going to beat that... her... What's her name?"

"y/n. I heard grampa Sano called her once." Benkei answered.

"y/n, huh? She's annoying. I don't like her."

And that was the start of your love-hate friendship with Shinichiro. Well, most of the time, you don't give a fuck which annoyed him even more. Now he has this mission to beat you in everything you're good at.

You joined the school's volleyball. He joined volleyball.

You joined swimming lessons for the summer activity. He joined swimming lessons.

Even in floral design class... He followed you there. He doesn't care if he's the youngest or the only guy there—he just wants to beat you in everything.

Well, Legend has it that he has yet to beat you to this day.

Shinichiro Sano | age: 14

y/n l/n | age: 14

Both junior in middle school

It's the first day of class and It's odd for you that you didn't see nor hear Shinichiro's morning nonsense. He used to wait at your gate, early in the morning even though your house is thirty minutes away from his, just to ask for a rematch resulting in three broken noses, five dislocated pinky fingers, and a couple of massive black eyes for the past six years. You wonder at times; when will he ever learn?