Chifuyu // 365 Paper Roses

It's a beautiful day today. The wind feels relaxing and the smell of morning dews lingers your nose. You are now on your way to your classroom when you hear a familiar voice, Calling your name.

"Hi y/n!" You hugged your books tightly and walked a little bit faster.

"Hey, don't ignore me." He runs towards you and blocks your way.

"What do you want, Chifuyu?" You said in an irritated tone. Chifuyu took something from his behind and presented them to you.

"Here." He handed you a paper rose.

"Again?" You raised your eyebrows.

"Yep."

"Where do you get all of this?"

"I made them," he paused. "Fine, with some help of my friends, but I... I made that." he then chuckles.

"You... made this?" You said in a disbelief tone.

"Yeah, why?"

You shake your head. "Nothing."

"What? Do you think that someone like me can't do that kind of stuff?"

"No, It's just that... It's a girly thing to do for a..."

"A delinquent like me?" He finished your sentence.

"No!" You paused. "Well, yeah."

"I get that a lot." He smiled at you. "Here, let me help you with those books."

"I... I'm fine. I can handle this." You said coldly and walked past him.

Every day, You've been receiving paper roses from him. Sometimes you find them in your locker, your bag, even on your desk. You keep asking him why he gives you those roses but he'll just shrug his shoulders and give you different reasons.

The next day, You're walking in the hallway when you see Chifuyu from afar. You immediately turn around.

"Hey y/n! Good morning!" Chifuyu greeted you again with a warm smile. "This is not the way to our class."

"Don't talk to me. I forgot something in my locker," You said and continued to walk faster but he followed you.

"Eh? When will you be soft towards me? You're always cold."

"Just leave me alone. I don't have time for your plays."

He ran past you and blocked your way, "Here." He said and presented a paper rose. "I am not playing y/n."

You stared at him and he has this serious expression. You then sighed before you accepted the rose.

"You're persistent."

"I know. Am I one step closer to your heart?"

"No. Not an inch." You said and left him.

"Someday, y/n! someday." He shouted and you looked down because he gathered some attention and the other students began to look at you.

After class, You attended your club meeting that took forever and It was almost sunset when it ended. You are now walking back to your classroom to get your things when you see Chifuyu at his table alone, figuring out how to make a paper rose. He keeps on flipping a book to read the instructions. That sight of him made your heart skip a beat.

This is going on for months now. There was never a day that he missed giving you a paper rose. On the weekends, he left them in your mailbox or at your apartment door. Your room is filled with paper roses he gave you and you can't find yourself throwing them away because you knew that he gave his effort to make those.