Mikey // Angel Kiss

They say that not all people you came across with are humans...  some are angels. 

What is love? You whisper to yourself as you look at the people below, admiring them as they show affection towards their loved ones in this cold Christmas season.

Sometimes you wonder what it feels like to be in love or fall in love. Your remaining memories as human consist of hardships and painful experiences which is why you refuse to be reincarnated. You thought that it's better this way than experience pain again.

"y/n." A baritone voice called your name. You immediately stood up from watching and dusted your white dress.

"Ah! Hiro-san." You bowed at your superior angel.

"Good job on your last mission. Haruno is living her life, happily thanks to your guidance." He adjusted his glasses and turned the pages of the files he was holding. "Oh, before I forgot. Congratulations! You've collected 10,000 missions you can now be reincarnated as a human.

"Ah, no. I don't want to be human. there are a lot of struggles. It's better for me to guide them."

"Well, it's your choice. You can always claim them whenever you change your mind."

"Yeah."

"Well then, I have a mission for you. Every angel rejected this mission and I was hoping that you accept this. He may be a lost cause but I saw a tiny bit of light in his heart. It just needs a little push to spark." He handed you a folder with photos and information.

"Manjiro Sano." You whispered as you read his information. "A leader of a criminal organization, Bonten that involves in prostitution, smuggling, and gambling. hmmm..." You rubbed your chin with your thumb.

"Oh! This is his future?" You suddenly said upon reading the note.

"Yes, that will be his future if he doesn't choose a different path. He's now in high school where his dark impulse slowly eating him. He's currently the leader of a gang named Kantou Manji Gang. Your mission is to prevent him to become that Manjiro." He then pointed to the photo.

"Huh, a tough one." you read further and saw people in his life who died. "Oh, poor soul." You held your mouth. "Wait, this is Shin?" You pointed at Shinichiro's name.

"Yes. He's trying his best to complete the 10,000 missions so he can be reincarnated fast."

"Then why don't you assign this mission to him instead? Wait, can I give him my reward after the mission?"

"It will surely freak Manjiro out if he sees his dead brother appears in front of him." He said and adjusted his glasses. "Yes, according to the rules, you can gift your reward to another angel or human of choice."

"I see." You stared at his picture. His eyes are dead like someone you once knew. A quick flashback floods your head, it's a girl in a dark room, covering her ears while crying.

"y/n? are you gonna accept this?" Hiro tapped your shoulder causing you to snap out of your trance.

"Yes, I will."

"You know the rules, no one must know that you're an angel. you will be enrolled in his school to persuade him to take a different path."

"Aye aye!" You salute your superior and stood straight.

"Wow!" You twirl in front of your mirror to see your uniform. "This is cute. It's been a long while since I have this high school role. It's refreshing." You chuckle.