iii

CHAPTER III

You just have to try, Stefan. For Lexi, for me, for that egoistical brother of yours, for even this girl standing behind us.

Not even ten minutes after she had left Damon and Rebekah alone, she received a phone call

"Well, you did good Lucy Tusy." came the voice of Damon from the other side of the call.

"Now, now, Damon. You must always keep it in your mind that I don't work for your kinds. I only did this for Stefan." scowled Lucy as Damon merely laughed at her comment.

Apparantely, Damon had convinced Lucy to help the Scooby Doo gang. Which she reluctantly agreed to, just for Stefan's sake.

"Well, isn't this sad." Damon had approached her just after Stefan had sped away to avoid discussion on his humanity.

"What do you want, Demon?" snapped Lucy as he just chuckled at her.

"I see, you also like the bunny Stefan more than the ripper one." stated Damon as he came to sit opposite to her in the kitchen area.

"Continue." drawled Lucy boredly, already knowing that he is brewing a plan and that plan requires her help.

"And you are also keen on getting him turn his humanity back on." continued Damon.

Lucy just stared at him with a scowl on her face. Knowing that he won't get a nice response from her, Damon continued, "And there is one way to do it."

"Oh yeah. And what would that be?" she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes at him.

"Not giving him blood for a few days until he turns it back on." shrugged Damon as if it was the most obvious thing in the whole world.

"And how will you get your hands on him in the first place?" scoffed Lucy.

"We have that all planned. You just need distract the blondie, Klaus' sister." informed Damon, but noticing the look she was giving him he added a quick 'please' but not without extreme grumbling.

"Fine." she passed him a fake smile, "But when exactly are you executing this plan of yours?"

"Today's a bonfire at the school. Convince Stefan to go there, distract the blondie, and rest we will see." he said, eyes narrowing with his next words, "And please don't mess anything up."

"One condition." smiled Lucy falsely at him. "Only Stefan's blood supply would be cutted. No injecting vervain, no stabbing and no witchy migraines."