xviii

Lucy's look for this chapter ≈

CHAPTER XVIII

Because a little adventure is always needed, isn't it?

"I dug into the old archives and I came to know that the logging mills were owned by the Salvatores at that time

"I dug into the old archives and I came to know that the logging mills were owned by the Salvatores at that time." said Lucy as Carol nodded affirmatively at her information.

Lucy had contacted Carol the next afternoon (not morning considering how she wasn't able to wake up early) to discuss about the records about ancient trees grown in Mystic Falls, and the whole information she attained led her to the conclusion that the Wickery Bridge was made up of white oak; but to her great annoyance Klaus had also decided to tag along with her.

"I came to know that my sister had also shown great interest in attaining all this information from you." said Klaus as the three of them sat in the living room of the Lockwood Mansion.

"Yes, I talked to her this morning, at the Grill." nodded Carol. "Looks like all of you have grown a solemn dedication towards conserving trees and Mother Nature."

"Ah, Mother Nature, so fascinating." chuckled Klaus.

"We'll take your leave now." said Lucy standing up from her place as Klaus and Carol followed by. "Thank you so much for your time."

"Anytime, Lucy." chuckled Carol as the two women shared a hug.

"Are you ignoring me?" said Klaus as they walked out of the Lockwood Mansion, with Lucy trying to avoid all the incessant attempts to talk by Klaus.

"What does that mean?"

"I've been calling you the whole morning." complained Klaus.

"Well, your loss, I was asleep." she shrugged, taking a turn away from him as she moved around towards the driver seat of her car.