xvi

CHAPTER XVI

I see, you've done quite a bit of research on me, haven't you? Impressive

Casper Daldron was a complicated person, driven by the mind of his father rather than his own

Casper Daldron was a complicated person, driven by the mind of his father rather than his own. His decisions and actions were completely influenced by the words of his father.

This phenomenon made him quite unlikable in Stefan Salvatore's eyes, but Lucy saw past all this, trying to get the real him out. But, alas, all her attempts since the past several years proved quite unfruitful in her own eyes, as today Casper handed her a phone call from her father, Richard Wright.

"Lucia." Richard greeted in a business-like tone.

"Morning, Richard." she greeted back, all the playfulness and any trace of happiness gone from her tone turning into a straightforward emotionless one.

"Morning? I thought it's evening at your place."

"But, it's morning at yours. So morning to you and evening to me."

A short silence followed her comment before Richard cleared his throat.

"Am I right to believe that you are aware of what you are supposed to do?"

Lucy licked her lip in contemplation before telling the truth. "I'm unaware of that all."

"Expected." he sighed before continuing. "The Original Witch will be performing a sacrifice today. You will aid her and in return use the power generated to resurrect Steve."

"What sacrifice?" she gulped.

"You need not know that. Just focus on the second bit." he said.

"And don't be under any sort of pressure." he scoffed lightly. "Because I don't have any expectations from you. Still, I've still sent Casper to help you, because you don't seem capable enough of doing it yourself."

"I don't need anybody's help." she said quietly.

"I'm not offering, I'm telling." he stated.

"And why, pray tell, you think you are capable of doing such a powerful spell alone? Because of your so wonderful capabilities and your so great past ten year that you have so wisely spent?" he said sarcastically. "Tell me, have you been practicing any sort of magic since the past decade, except your meagre daily use of teeny spells? Have you been able to heal that wound over your right arm? Have you?"

"How do you know about my wound?"

"Don't tell me you've not understood by now that I've been keeping tabs on you?"