xxvi

CHAPTER XXVI

Are you gonna stay or run away like her? ❞

❝ Are you gonna stay or run away like her? ❞

It was past sunset when Stefan called her.

"Hello, Lucy, are you fine? You aren't hurt, right?"

"I'm completely fit and fine, Stefan. Speak for yourself, you aren't hurt, are you?"

"I'm not hurt, don't worry." sighed Stefan. "But you were bleeding from the head. How- What happened?"

"Uh.. you know I went to school to clean up that room I got decorated, and while doing that I heard a scream. I went to check and found the history teacher. He banged my head in the locker and knocked me out. I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time."

"He did that because you're friends with me, a vampire. It's all my fault."

"No," she said quickly, "don't you dare blame yourself. He had no particular reason to do so. Like I said I was at the wrong place at the wrong time."

"He knows you. He knows why you're here. He knows you're friends with vampires."

"Look, Stefan. It's not your fault. Okay. You get it?" she emphasised. "And there is nothing to worry about now. I'm completely alright now. Bonnie healed me. And now the history teacher is also dessicated, isn't he?"

"Well, about that," he sighed, "he is not."

"What? Then what about the spell Bonnie did?"

"Klaus is dessicated." he explained. "He took Elena from the school with the intention of draining her of all her blood for his hybrids and then she'll die along with Alaric. But we got there in time. And the only way to save Elena was to dessicate him."

"Well, I can't say much about this. But you do know that you need to keep his body safe. 'Cause if he dies, everyone dies. Including you, Tyler, Bonnie's mom, and even Caroline and your brother. All of you."

"I know. I know. But now it's his siblings responsibility. Elijah came over, promising a intrusion-free life to Elena in exchange for Klaus' body."

"You agreed?"

"I left it to her. It was her choice. She agreed."

"Then what now? Where are you?"

"I'm at Elena's place. She got a concussion. Got admitted to the hospital." he said. "Damon's on his way with Klaus' body to give it over to Rebekah."