xxxviii

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER XXXVIII

Why aren't you getting ready for the Pageant?

❝ Why aren't you getting ready for the Pageant? ❞

"I'm sorry for yesterday."

Stefan, being the most wonderful and truthful friend he was, had called her the very next day to apologise for the day before.

"Yeah. It's fine. You needed Elena out of there. I get it and forgive you as well. By the way, how is she now? I heard from Bonnie that the hallucinations stopped."

"She's doing good now." Stefan nodded to himself.

"That's nice. But you don't sound too good. Is something bothering you?"

"Me and Elena, we broke up." Stefan sighed.

"That sounds bad. Are you okay?" Lucy asked, genuinely concerned.

"I don't know. I genuinely don't know whether I am or I am not. I even talked to Caroline about it this morning. According to her I'm sublimating, and after that there's insanity. I honestly don't know how to react. Ever since Elena turned into a vampire, she's been different and more inclined to Damon. Her feelings have been highly amplified. I need to cure her."

"Wait a second-? What do you mean 'cure her'?"Lucy asked perplexed.

She heard Stefan groan on the other before heaving a sigh and finally disclosing the real matter to her.

"All this hunter drama, the mark, it all leads to a cure. A cure to vampirism. That mark is like a map, an unfinished map, whose other half is engraved into a sword of the first The Five. Klaus got it from Italy."