xv

Lucy's look for this chapter ≈

CHAPTER XV

❝ But, what's the auspicious occasion? ❞

Surprisingly, Lucy took Bonnie's advice way too seriously and went to the doctor the very next morning, even bothering to wake up early in the morning

"Your friend was probably right." muttered the doctor as she bandaged Lucy's arm. "There might have been some bacterial infection, but the thing is that it's not any wound given by some animal. It really looks like a knife wound, I'm very sure. Did someone stab you or something?"

"No." chuckled Lucy awkwardly, thinking back to what exactly happened last night. "But how can you be so sure?"

"I speak from experience." the doctor shrugged, beginning to wrap up all the things, keeping them back in their respective places. "Several people come here everyday, with different ailments. One recently came with a knife wound."

"Look, here." she took her own arm, enacting how the cut would have been given to her.

"Imagine this to be the knife-" she picked up a scalpel, "-and it would have gone this way-" tracing it lightly against her whole upper arm, where Lucy's wound would have been, "-and here we go, a knife cut."

"I figured that much out." said Lucy as she filled the patient form the doctor had passed her and the doctor laughed awkwardly at her comment, taking the form back from her when she was finished.

"'Lucy Wright'." the doctor read aloud her name. "Aren't you Stefan Salvatore's friend?"

"I'm that famous, amazing." Lucy smirked.

"Meredith Fell." smiled the doctor as she shook Lucy's extended hand.

"Fell? Related to the founders of Mystic Falls by any chance?"