vii

CHAPTER VII

He behaved as if there was something more I was supposed to do.

The next morning Stefan knew exactly where to find Lucy after the eventful night of homecoming

And just like he had anticipated, he found her drunk in a bar, celebrating Mikael's death.

"Lucy, come on. We need to go." said Stefan sternly, trying to get her away from the group of girls surrounding her, all trying to seduce her, with a few of them even succeeding.

"Go away Stefino. Let me have fun." she mumbled, continuing to kiss the girl sitting in her lap.

Harshly removing the blond from her lap and getting a firm grip on her upper arm, he started to drag her out.

"Let me at least take my shrug." she pouted childishly, hurriedly grabbing her black shrug from the ground where it was carelessly tossed away.

"Now we can go. Happy?!" she stuck out her tongue at him as he resumed to drag her away wordlessly.

"Are you angry that I stuck my tongue at you?" she asked innocently with a pout after a few moments of silence which seemed to be several minutes to her, in which Stefan hadn't said a word, which means he is angry, as per Lucy.

"Why-Why would I be angry that you stuck your tongue at me?" he asked in amusement after a few seconds of processing her gravely innocent question.

"I mean-I mean you are quiet. Not saying anything, like 'why do you drink this much if you can't handle it ?' or 'were you at the bar all night?!' or 'I told you to not drink this much!'" she tried to copy his voice, horribly failing, but nevertheless she continued. "You are not saying anything, so it means that you are angry and I didn't do anything else than sticking my tongue out at you. So this means that you are angry just because I stuck my tongue at you. Or is it something else I did to make you angry." she rambled on worriedly as Stefan chuckled at her drunken state.

"No, I'm not angry at you." he reassured.

"Now, get inside the car. Careful there." he said, helping her sit in the car, making sure she didn't bump her head in doing so.

"We are going to the witch house. Bonnie's waiting there." he informed her as the car rumbled on.

Half the drive passed away in comfortable silence, whilst Lucy kept her head poked out of the window, the fast wind slapping against her face, slowly making her a bit sober, with Stefan occasionally glancing at her to make sure if she's okay.

"You know, I killed Mikael." she suddenly mumbled so quietly that if Stefan wasn't focusing on her, he wouldn't have even heard her.

"I know." he nodded, confused at her sudden change in behaviour.