x

Lucy's look for this chapter ≈

CHAPTER X

When did I say that Stefino?

The next morning Stefan found Lucy seething in anger and he knew exactly why

Because of his carelessness.

"Well, why are you calling now? Got time from your precious doppelganger?" snarled Lucy as soon as she picked up Stefan's call.

"Are you driving?" he dared to ask this stupid question even though he could clearly hear the sound of honking and the loud chatter in the background.

"Oh, yeah. What better did you expect? Huh?" spat Lucy as Stefan heard her take a sharp turn at a corner, most probably taking out her anger through driving.

"Look Lucy, I'm sorry-" tried Stefan.

"Like hell you are." gritted Lucy. "I didn't see you apologising when you should have been."

"It was necessary, Lucy. It was the only chance to get rid of those hybrids." he tried to reason with her.

"It could have been delayed one day, Stefan, just one day." she said venomously. "But no, you just have to do anything and everything for that doppelganger."

"I didn't do it for her. I did it for myself." explained Stefan.

"Believe what you want." she laughed humorlessly. "But we both know the truth."

"At least you could have informed me that you won't be able to go there." she continued. "But, no, you didn't. And I come to know hours later, and that also not from you, that my dear Salvatore friend has not even stepped a foot out of Mystic Falls, let alone reach Florida."