xliii

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER XLIII

Why would you think that?

The Mikaelson house, or more like just the currently undaggerable brother's art studio, was, unexpectedly, filled with an air of excitement

The reason behind it was also quite simple.

A certain Wright.

But not the one he was in a relationship with but the one who was the most shocking revelation to him.

Brie Wright sat giggling, her legs dangling from the table she was perched upon, trying to balance a paint brush atop her pouting lips.

He shook his head to himself with an amused smile, but kept his eyes fixated on the canvas before him as his hands smoothly glided the tip of the brush across the serene backdrop.

The click-click of heels coming from the lounge and slowly increasing in volume prompted him to avert his eyes to the doorway as he stalled in his way, his hand pausing mid-air as his senses too paused.

"So, how do I look?"

It took him a moment to catch on to those words before he hastily replied, "Good- I mean so good."

She actually looked too good for his senses, giving off a vibe of extreme innocence and simpleness.

It was quite difficult to comprehend her in such a new state. She even seemed to be a completely different person.

"You okay?"

He was pulled back into reality by her serene voice.

"Yeah." he nodded quickly, stepping ahead to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.