lxx

CHAPTER LXX

What do you mean by Davina's gone?

Lucy was certainly not thrilled to find herself in an unrecognised bedroom when she woke the next morning and her eyes fell onto the house helper arranging her clothes into the cupboard

She exited the room, still yawning and groggy from the sleep, before her lips morphed into a frown on seeing several unrecognised faces lurking across what she recognised to be the Compound.

Her brows furrowed in confusion as the few who happened to cross her, shuffled awkwardly out of her way before she could even ask any of them to move aside. Weird?

Lucy tried to spot any recognisable face as she neared the end of the corridor she was traversing through before suddenly the whole house began to shake with tremors.

"What the hell?" Lucy muttered to no one in particular as she grabbed onto the railings for balance, her eyes snapping to the corridor opposite to hers as she spotted Klaus and Marcel rushing out of room, the clatter of falling objects reaching her ears.

"What the hell is going on?" Rebekah yelled as all the vampires looked up from their works in the compound in panic.

"Exactly my question." Lucy added, flinching as suddenly a large portrait hanging by the wall fell, nearly missing her shoulder.

"You should have stayed in your room." Klaus suddenly appeared by her side, concern etched onto his face as his eyes scanned her body for any potential injuries.

Lucy made a face to herself, stopping herself from rolling her eyes. "Why? Feeling like keeping me chained now?"

Klaus shook his head to himself, blowing out a sigh of exasperation.

"What a mess, honestly." Lucy casted the crowd downstairs a wry glance, surprised to spot Hayley and even Vaishali among them as soon a very confused Camille joined them.

"The whole quarter's shaking." Camille commented.

"I'm invested in personal stuff for two days, and mother nature starts raining hellfire on the city. How outrageous." Lucy said dramatically.

"Come on." Klaus gestured to the nearest room. "We'll talk."

"About?"

"The outrageousness of mother nature." he stated flatly, and proceeded to give the other Mikaelsons and the two wolves a look which indicated his wish for them to join.

"Cami will come, though." Lucy crossed her arms, gesturing for Cami to head upstairs.

"Fine with me."