lxvi

CHAPTER LXVI

What have you done Tyler!

Lucy's eyes fluttered open to utter darkness

She could feel something cutting into her wrists, a binding of sorts, and that she was in a car.

She pushed her hands up, making the gigantic worn out cloth, which was covering her, fall from her face.

She coughed from the amount of dust accumulated in it.

"You're awake." the driver spoke up, adjusting the rear view mirror to look at her.

"What the fuck, Tyler!" Lucy yelled at him, tugging at her bindings as she made attempts to sit on the back seat she was laid onto. "What is fucking wrong with you! God damn it!"

"Shsh. . ." he shushed her, not bothering to turn around. "You're gonna wake your friend up with all that yelling."

"Friend!? Where's Hayley?" she looked around frantically.

"Oh, don't fess," he tsked, stopping the car, "she's fast asleep in the back."

"What the hell do you even want, Tyler!" Lucy screamed at him as he jumped out of the car and opened the trunk.

Tyler picked up Hayley's unconscious form and threw her over his shoulder.

"She's bleeding, Tyler! What have we even done to you?" Lucy tried to kick him in the face with her binded legs but he caught her with ease, dragging her to the end of the seat by the legs.

"I'm cutting these zip-ties," he brought out a pocket knife with his empty hand, warning her, "but if you try to run, I'll kill Hayley."

"And don't think of using magic. You can't." he added, making Lucy's eyes snap to her wrists.

"No way!" she threw daggers at him with her eyes. "I just got rid of them, like, literally today!"

"Shut up." he muttered, cutting her leg bindings before pulling her out by the arm and beginning to drag her with him.

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

Tyler paced in front of a half-broken wooden safehouse as Lucy sat on the porch with an unconscious, and fortunately healing, Hayley lying next to her.

The sun had come up finally and all the walking had tired up Lucy's legs quite a lot, to be frank.

"What do you want Tyler?" Lucy asked, tone annoyed. "And what is this place?"

"The armpit of Louisiana." He spoke up, bringing forth a knife from his pocket.

"What are you gonna do with that, now? Slice my throat? Or carve my skin?"