lviii

CHAPTER LVIII

It's fun.

Sophie's place was adorned with a minimum of human presence

Sophie's place was adorned with a minimum of human presence. Lucy spotted not even a single soul on her way in.

The corridor was in pin drop silence and the sound of her heels echoed against the cemented floor.

She let her eyes roam all over the place, taking the details in as the corridor ceased and a courtyard emerged with an adjoined doorway.

She twisted the door knob, slowly opening the door ajar.

"Who is it?" a feminine voice called out as Lucy continued to traverse deeper into the house, heading towards what she could recognise as the kitchen.

"Sophie Deveraux." Lucy said calmly as she reached the threshold of the kitchen where Sophie was standing defensively with a butcher knife in her hand raised for attack.

"Lucy." she said emotionlessly, lowering the knife. "Hello. What brings you here?"

"You're Sophie Deveraux, right?" Lucy repeated.

"Yes, I'm Sophie Deveraux. We finally meet officially. The last time we met, you weren't in the right headspace for introductions."

"Well, now that you're sure that you are Sophie Deveraux, the witch who kidnapped me and is linked to me," Lucy said, stepping towards her, "and is blackmailing me and my family for help. . ."

Lucy paused before she violently grabbed Sophie by her hair, craning her neck back, as she herself ignored the pain that shot up through the back of her neck.

"What the hell!?" Sophie gritted in pain. "You psychotic bitch! Aren't you feeling your nails digging into your skull?"

"Endurance, my dear, endurance." Lucy tsked. "And how dare you blackmail me? How dumb of you to even think that your stupid plan is going to work."

"It's going to fail. And that too drastically." Lucy smiled evilly at her, finally letting go, as she pocketed the hair she had acquired.

"I don't care what you think." Sophie spit out, massaging her paining neck. "My plan is going to work. And even if it doesn't, I don't care, I'll be dead then, just reunited with my sister."

"If you're missing your sister so damn much, you just have to ask." Lucy chuckled. "I'm more than happy to do the honours, but well, of course not before you unlink me from yourself."

"Stupid of you to even say that." Sophie laughed. "No one's getting unlinked until my terms are fulfilled. And don't even think of getting it done from an outside witch. This is ancestral magic. Only me or the people of my coven could unlink you. And as far as I'm aware, no one is going to risk their life doing that for you."