lv

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER LV

No, I'll be okay. . .

'In this world, it's just us

You know it's not the same as it was.
Answer the phone,
"Harry, you're no good alone."'

Music blared in the two-tiered lone café by the side of the highway as Lucy stepped into it, the door jingling when opened.

"Two double sized burgers, two coke and a carton of water bottles. Pack them, please."

The teenage boy at the counter looked at her lazily, blinking at the last item she ordered.

"A carton?" he asked uncertaintly.

"Yes." she nodded, sighing and checking her wristwatch, before adding a short explanation. "I'm travelling."

"O-kay." he nodded, turning disinterested again as he shouted the order into the kitchen.

"Please wait for a few moments." he said, gesturing towards the empty chairs sprawled across the room.

Lucy took a short look around before turning back to him. "There is literally no other customer here."

"I know, but it's seven in the morning and we've just opened."

"Alright." she sighed, "give me some water first."

"Of course." he bent down to pull out a freshly packed bottle, handing it over.

"And a bowl too." she added.

"Bowl?" he asked, looking utterly confused.

"I'll give you an extra." she said lazily.

"Um, fine." he nodded hesitantly, handing over a plastic bowl from inside the kitchen used for serving soups.