lxi

CHAPTER LXI

Rebekah's quite a feisty one herself, isn't she?

❝ Rebekah's quite a feisty one herself, isn't she? ❞

"Nice to meet you, Marcel." Lucy smiled, overly sweet.

"Yeah, nice to meet you too." Marcel let out a strained chuckle, his eyes flickering between the two.

"Well, let's head to our table then, we've further matters to discuss as well." Niklaus looked at them.

"Marcel-" Thierry began.

"-it's alright, Thierry." Marcel looked at him firmly. "I'll handle this."

"Brilliant, isn't it?" Klaus smirked, motioning with his hands towards the exit of the washroom area. "Lead the way then, Marcel. We're right behind you."

Marcel nodded affirmatively, pulling a convincing smile up and began walking out.

"Are you alright, love?" Nik asked, his voice low, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, head tilting in as they began following Marcel, Theirry leaving the scene already.

"Yes." she smiled up at him. "I'm quite alright. Don't worry."

"What did he do? Was he trying to misbehave?"

"Oh, no," she laughed, easily lying, "he just mistook me for someone else, I guess. Saying stuff like 'how are you alive?' and 'you shouldn't have come back'. He grabbed my arm so I slapped him. And then he attacked me but I kicked him there."

"Where?" his brows furrowed.

"Groin, bumbass." she groaned, eliciting a laugh from him.

"You've got a lot to learn." she lowered her voice to a whisper. "All children call groin 'there', the no-no area."

"I'll learn with due time, love." he chuckled, kissing the side of her head.

"So, then he grabbed my neck but I smashed a vase into his head, and then you came for the rescue. My knight in shining armor." she said teasingly.

"Hardly, love." he laughed. "You would have kicked his ass nonetheless. Just a snap of your finger."

"Yep, Thanos goals."