lvi

CHAPTER LVI

Casper. Hav-Have you seen Brie?

The Lafayette Cemetery was a far cry from contentment, which Niklaus was beginning to feel deep within his heart, mingled with a twinge of confusion and shock

And, of course, anger, the biggest contributor to his emotional state at the moment. Anger, about to lash out at the New Orleans Witches.

"Welcome, Mikaelsons." Sophie Deveraux greeted them at the entrance of the cemetery,"You may come in."

"You may discuss your terms with my brother, Sophie." Elijah said calmly, clasping a hand onto Klaus' arm to stop him from lashing out, giving him the side eye to let him do the talking.

"Well, since he is clearly willing to listen." Sophie sighed, giving them a look. "Like you already know, Marcel is the King of the City and he is controlling the witches. So, we want you to run Marcel and his vampires out of the town. Everyone knows he learnt everything from you. He looks up to you. He won't see the betrayal coming."

A deep silence followed Sophie's presentation of terms.

She looked at the pair before her, Elijah in turn looking at Klaus whose jaw was clenched, eyes ablaze.

"Where. Is. She?"

Sophie sighed, the seething tone of the Hybrid not enough to scare her. She had nothing left to lose anymore.

She was pretty sure that his brother was the only one keeping him in line at the moment.

"Come." she motioned her hand towards the mausoleum. "And before you may even think of doing anything, I warn you, you'll regret it. So, watch your actions."

"You-" Klaus took a step towards her in anger, just to be stopped by Elijah.

"Calm down, brother." he squeezed his shoulder in a reassuring manner. "You should see her first."

"You may meet her, but you can't leave until you agree to-"

"First, I'll see her, then, all your bloody terms." Klaus gave her a steeled look. "Now, lead the way."

"Fine." she scoffed, beginning to head inside, the two men following her.

They entered a barely lit mausoleum, a thong of witches at the entrance, with several scattered across the bare land enclosed by the large slabs of stones, as Niklaus' eyes fell onto the figure lying unconscious on a large slab of stone, her hair scattered in the all too familiar way; arm dangling to the side, clasped in the promise bracelet whose duet he wore; that peaceful resting face he could look at forever; everything he knew and was looking for since weeks. His Lucy.