lxviii

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER LXVIII

And here I was thinking he was paying you for the therapy.

"They have forsaken me

"They have forsaken me. My siblings are as deceitful in disease just as my parents ever were. Accusing me of using my baby for my own gain. Trusting others before their own blood. And then there's this secret which has surfaced itself and it's destroying everything. . ."

Lucy zoned out Klaus' angry ranting, rather turning her focus onto the click of the typewriter as she sauntered into the small study, her heels clicking with each step.

"Hello, Camille." she smiled at the blonde sitting by the table, acquiring a seat opposite to hers as Klaus' pacing and words came to an abrupt stop.

"If someone would like to know, today's my doctor's appointment. First appointment. And I'm telling this just because I don't want to separate a father and child." Lucy spoke up loudly, looking up at the ceiling.

"Lucy-" Niklaus began, striding towards her.

"-I, who's not accusing the someone of using the baby, would like the someone to please not say anything to me."

Cami looked between two in slight alarm, contemplating her words as Klaus opened and closed his mouth, stuck between speaking or not. "Well, it appears things are not that good between you two."

"Good? Things are doomed." Lucy shrugged, not looking Niklaus' way. "The secret he talks about. That is 'destroying' everything, is nothing but a sin of his. Which he's hidden for quite too long now-"

"-Lucy, allow me to explain-"

"-I asked the someone to not talk to me." Lucy raised her voice up by a notch. "So, like I was saying, the secret which had surfaced itself is nothing but that he murdered a friend of mine and now I know of it. Cheers!"