xxiv

CHAPTER XXIV

Oh, I'm so sorry, at least 'these vampires' are not so backstabbing like the goddamn witches.

Everyone was already gathered in a separate room, desperate to get out of the school boundary

"Anyone bothering to fill me in?" said an annoyed Lucy as she entered the room. "Or am I supposed to do the spell blindly?"

"Esther came saying something about Alaric and asked Elena to go with her if she wanted to save him." explained a boy whom Lucy didn't recognise at all.

"First of all- who are you?" said Lucy. "And second of all- she just went with her. Is she stupid or what?"

"I'm Jeremy. Elena's brother." the boy answered. "And Elena went with her because it was the only way to save Alaric."

"Give your blood. We'll do a locator spell."

"Bonnie," said Lucy, snapping the Bennett Witch out of her spell chanting.

She looked at her for a second, the little tension from their last confrontation getting in between them; but nevertheless she took Lucy's hands and began chanting.

"Hurry up. All boundary spells have a loophole." came Klaus' voice as he entered the classroom.

"No need to crowd here." snapped Lucy. "Don't you all have anything else to do, like gather us some more maps for the Locator Spell or maybe get the Gilbert boy's blood?"

"We'll give you the space." said Stefan, looking at everyone crowding the room. "Everyone, please, let's go out."

"People are walking out of the dance, right past the barrier." said another voice, a blonde boy entering the room.

"Well, if Matt and I can leave, we can stop Esther ourselves." suggested Jeremy. "We just gotta find out where she is."

"Suicide, Jeremy." said Stefan.

"You know, what will be better? That you at least hire a sniper and get her killed. End of the problems." interrupted Lucy. "And why haven't you all left yet?"

"Where is your witch friend?" asked Damon. "More the witches, the faster the spell."

"Nobody is your servant here." she snapped. "He is not desperate to get out, unlike you. He's fine here. And as for me, I'm only helping because I want the boundary to be broken. Happy now?"

"Lucy, you do the spell with Bonnie. We'll leave you both in silence." assured Stefan as everyone finally went out of the room.

Lucy finally began chanting, joining Bonnie in the spell as the candles around them flared momentarily.