xxxii

CHAPTER XXXII

Trust me, Italy is going to be so fun.

It had been seven hours since they were practising, nearing eight a

It had been seven hours since they were practising, nearing eight a.m. None of them had slept, nor did they feel tired. Just defeated.

"It won't work." Bonnie sighed, lowering her hands from her current chanting position. "It's been hours and I can't even light a single candle, let alone fire a spell at you."

"Don't lose hope, Bonnie." smiled Lucy. "At least you're feeling a bit of magic."

"Yeah....but...." sighed Bonnie, tugging at her hair in defeat.

"Let's take a break." said Lucy, standing up before looking at the clock hanging overhead. "Oh gosh, it's eight in the morning."

"I'm just gonna use the washroom." mumbled Bonnie, standing up and beginning to exit the room.

"What happened?"

"Um... washroom?"

"Oh, sorry, but you don't have to venture all the way out, it's here." shrugged Lucy, opening another door.

"Oh," chuckled Bonnie awkwardly, peeking inside to find a literal connected bathroom and toilet set.

"Freshen up, I'll get some other books by then."

When Bonnie returned she wasn't much surprised to see Lucy stacking up the previous bundle of books and spreading out the new ones that she had acquired from the library.

"I was just thinking why don't we do a little research on that hunter." began Lucy, "Stefan called me earlier, saying something about a mark on the hunter's hand that only Elena Gilbert's brother can see."

"You found something?" asked Bonnie, coming to stand by her side looking into the book whose pages she had been flipping and had finally stopped at a page.

"Well, a little something. Look, this book here says, 'In one of the ventures of my great-great grandfather in Europe, he came across the story of the Brotherhood of Five. He at that time had been having an unclosed meeting with some witches who gave him a record possessing every bit of information about the Brotherhood of the Five. That book, unfortunately, is no longer under my possession but I remember its contents, however not much of it. The Brotherhood of the Five, are a group of five of supernaturally gifted vampire hunters. Each of them has a mark which appears as a tattoo on their body beginning at the dorsal face of the right hand and continuing up the arm and across the chest. It serves many purposes - it is a map, a story, a coded message, an empowerment and a spell all at the same time. Thus marking another of the mysteries spread across the hidden chambers of Europe.'"