xxiii

CHAPTER XXIII

You remember this one?

Lucy spotted Stefan not so far away

Lucy spotted Stefan not so far away. He was dancing with Elena Gilbert; and looked peaceful and happy.

And Lucy was content to see so. Now she was beginning to feel bad for the way she had been behaving with Elena Gilbert. Successful people always have a certain ego. And Elena hurt Lucy's ego and there was nothing else she could do. The girl clearly made Stefan happy. And frankly enough, it was enough for Lucy.

Everytime Stefan came out of his ripper stages, he remained edgy, and most importantly kept blaming himself for what his alter self did. He kept wallowing in guilt.

Lucy was vaguely aware about how to deal with this Stefan. It was always Lexi who managed this stuff. Stefan kept his distance from Lucy due to the fear of hurting her due to his uncontrolled bloodlust. But this time she is here and unfortunately unable to help him in any way. She even had no idea when exactly he turned on his humanity and what or who made him do so.

She was certainly aware that he was on a strict diet to control his urge to rip into every walking bloodbag; but they never really had a proper conversation on this topic.

"Mind if I cut in?" Lucy interrupted the peaceful dance Stefan and Elena were having, pleasantly surprising both of them.

"Lucy" said Stefan, his tone giving away the hidden relief he felt upon seeing her back to normal.

"Hello, Stefan." she said pleasantly.

And to both Elena and Stefan's great surprise, she also added a very kind, "Hi, Elena."

"Um-... Oh, Hi-Hello." said Elena, her shock still visible in her voice and face alike.

"Mind if I steal Stefan for a small dance?" Lucy repeated her question from earlier.

"Of course not." said Elena quickly, having finally recovered from her shock.

"Shall we?" said Lucy, offering her arm to Stefan who took it with a content grin.

They swayed silently with the soft beat of the melodious song for some time until both of them spoke up at the same time

"I'm sorry, Lucy."
"I'm really sorry."

They both looked at each other for a second before chuckling lightly at their coincident timing.

"I'm truly sorry, Stefan. I shouldn't have said all those things. I just overreacted." sighed Lucy with an apologetic look on her face.